• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ghetto Dumbells

Shit yer, that is awesome,^^^

best I have done, is 55kg plates and a crap bench, bar, and dumbell handles for a 6 pack. off a friend of a friend,

120kg plates bench barbell dumbell handles and cable attachment, $150 ebay

been hanging out making offers on an all in one gym for a month, someone will crack soon.:D

Thats my next ghetto equipment mission gonna carve up one of those home gym stations to make a high low pulley station with plate stack. Seen a few for under a hundred but waiting for one thats been stored inside so the cables aren't rusted.

Glad I'm not the only tight fucker out there.

Thats my next ghetto equipment mission gonna carve up one of those home gym stations to make a high low pulley station with plate stack. Seen a few for under a hundred but waiting for one thats been stored inside so the cables aren't rusted.

Glad I'm not the only tight fucker out there.

You know you can replace with stainless steel and swage the cables for a few dozen dollars. Maybe $6/m, a dollar for each swage and they'll usually crimp it for free. Three meters of cable and swages for around $20.

The cable will easily a couple of hundred kilograms.

You know you can replace with stainless steel and swage the cables for a few dozen dollars. Maybe $6/m, a dollar for each swage and they'll usually crimp it for free. Three meters of cable and swages for around $20.

The cable will easily a couple of hundred kilograms.

Slow down big spender the ones I have had my eye on are 80 - 100 so I think I will get for 80 your talking about investing another 25% of the value of the machine to bring it up to speed, sorta goes against the point of the whole exercise. I can just wait till I come across one the owner has kept inside

Sigh only a real tight arse would understand.

Mate I have considered that it shits me to tears when collars get loose, but I might make them up and tack weld the collar on so it doesn't come loose.

I think that's what I will do you always see the handles getting sold cheap secondhand. That way the handle is knurled too. Thanks for the input grippy

just weld the collars down, that seems to be what markos does.

edit: brick you're a pretty smart guy. as awesome as the bargain is I wouldn't even bother - apart from overhead and bench pressing dumbbells aren't that useful and take up a lot of space. Kinda regret buying my own.