• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ghr

Hey girls, try some heavy stiff-legged deadlifts! That's all you need for good hammies and glutes (IMHO).

While that is true, I was thinking of buying a GHR as I can realistically do a bunch of sets twice a day due to no spinal loading.

Whoever Dave Tate is he's dead wrong (no pun intended!).

Former powerlifter

dave-tate-biceps.jpg

Useless is a very strong word.
Also he gives advice not to raw lifters but equipped lifters & westside have a personal vendetta against deadlifts

I think he mentioned it in the "101 things that changed at Westside" or something of thy effect

It went along the lines of we dropped SLDL in favour of GHR, reverse hyper, pull throughs, good mornings and box squats

Hey girls, try some heavy stiff-legged deadlifts! That's all you need for good hammies and glutes (IMHO).

Considering RDL's/SLDL's only work the hip extension articulation of the hamstring I'd say that they aren't all you need. So for the time being I'll take the advice of Dave Tate over yours, even though you had quite enthralling argument with some good facts to back up your stance.

Anyone have any exprience with this one?

This is similar to the new Iron Edge design. It's shit. Good choice on the Force model!

So The Cube doesn't count as deadlifting every week?

Westside they'd have 50% real weight with 10% band weight at the bottom and 20-40% at the top
Not to mention over time they bump up the real weight %s as the lifter gets used to the program (I've also seen them pulling "max" singles on their dynamic day)

It is what you make of it. If I did the cube method or westside I would shoot for a 5RM instead of doing speed work. No I do not count sticking 105kg on the bar and attaching bands and pulling so that you struggle with the lockout for a few singles as deadlifting. Especially if you're pulling sumo. Fuck that shit. They hate deadlifting and will do anything to avoid it, adding band tension is not the same as deadlifting, you don't get that heavy feel from the floor which makes deadlifting what it is

This is made clear by the number of raw 800lb pullers at Westside or people that follow the Westside methods. Compare that to strongman or a lot of the eastern bloc lifters that pull heavy twice a week- raw or equipped as I don't want to turn this into a raw vs equipped argument because that is not the point

Last edited:
My Force GHR arrived today. Pretty decent turn around time considering my order was only placed on Friday. Gym and fitness were great to deal with and were happy to move a little on the price given I was buying a few other bits and pieces.

Glute Ham Raise Developer Bench - Australia

It seems extremely solid considering them amount of adjustments that can be done...it feels almost commercial in quality, but some of the welds and the way some of the pieces fit together leave some room for improvement.

It's bigger than I expected, but I suppose that adds to it's sturdy feel.
After getting on it, I wouldn't want it to be any smaller.

Took about an hour or so to put it all together with the help of a mate.

My only major issue is that one of the hex/allen bolts was defective and didn't have a a hex shape cut into it. I will have to get in touch with gym and fitness to get it resolved.

Other than that I am really happy with the unit. I will be waiting on that final bolt before really using it properly.