• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Good Quality VKR in Australia?

slaps

Hi,

Does anyone know where to purchase a good quality VKR/Tower power without breaking the bank?

Looking for one under $350.. Looking online the "nice" ones are all over $500 bucks (Body-solid and Powertec)

The mark up is crazy considering the same towers are half the price in the U.S

Cheers

I have a dismantled one in my back shed. Bought it from Kmart many moons ago for like $199 or something.

You can do dips/leg raises in a power rack (with dip bar attachment / chin bar) which is the better option imo

Okay I've narrowed it down to these two:

Powertec Basic trainer and the BS Fusion FCD

Both the same price after some negotiation. Still can't decide. If it were you, which one would you pick?

Specs:

Powertec:

Dimensions: Length: 125cm Width: 70cm Height: 220cm

Unit Weight: 70kgs

Warranty: Lifetime on Frame (excluding paint), 2 years on component parts, 1 year on pads and grips.

Weight Load Capacity: Chin Up & Dip Bars 180kgs

Body-Solid:

Height: 210.8cm Length: 165.1cm Width: 68.6 cm

UNIT WEIGHT: 66.22 Kg
WEIGHT CAPACITY: 159 Kg
WARRANTY: Frame - Lifetime; Parts - Lifetime; Labor - 1 Year

If you "had" to pick out of those 2 id go with the Powertec one as lt looks more solid but ive had no problems with the one l bought from Orbit a year and a bit a go...

Is the Powertec down to $480 now?
Where from?
I remember it used to be about $700 maybe 5 years ago, although the design looks slightly different now.

I know the Body Solid is 11 guage steel - 3mm, and will hold alot more than the 160kg quoted.
The grips for dips on the Body Solid are much better, at 2", especially when doing weighted dips.
Also, the pull up bar is on the opposite side of the dip/knee raise, so no obstructions when doing pull ups.

Don't think you'll find the Body Solid for $240 in the US, what website was that on?
From my quick scans, $460 USD was the cheapest price, can be got local for $480, not much difference there.

Edit - actually, the $700 pricetag for the Powertec I was referring to was the Chin-Dip assisted model, not VKR, sorry.

Last edited:
Hi Hulk,

Can you PM me? Need info where to get it for $480?

I can get the Powertec for $490 including delivery (Syd to Syd)