• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Heavy 1 week light the next

yeksetm

Was wondering is there any benifit to doing a heavy weight lifting program one week and then the next week doing light weights with lots of reps?

Also

Is there any benifit to alternating between 2 different programs week to week.

eg. week 1 A
week 2 B
week 3 A
week 4 B

And so on.

Cheers
yeksetm

I never got into high reps. but i can say i did get better results from mixing 8-10 rep range with 3-6 rep range. Not from week to week tho mostly in the same session so a warm up set and a few 8-10 and a few 3-6.

Anyway that seemed to work best for me but i guess its up to you different people get results from different things.

So what about switching routines with both heavey to keep the body guessing
week 1 A
Week 2 b
Week 3 A
Week 4 b and so on

or

Would I be better off just doing one routine for 6 weeks and then changing it?

How long have you been training?
What are your goals?

If you want to gain muscular man mass, then just go heavy, at least for 6-8 weeks until you feel a need to back off a bit.

Consistent training, eating and rest will bring results, but you need to stick with it long enough, Kindred will confirm this for you.

My goal is to loose weight and get muscular which I amachieving at this stage. I don't want to get super huge as I've always been pretty solid, even before I put on a heap of weight.

Hadn't trained for about 5 years, been back training for 5-6 months and have dropped from 113kg to 98kg. As I said before am really enjoying working out again, am only working out in my garage. have got a bench press with lat pull down and am in the process of buying a chin up bar and another 40kg of weights.

Ive always found lifting the heavier weights for a lower number of reps the best for putting on size, similar to a Max-OT style of lifting. But hey, each to their own.

There is a program called Power-Rep range-Shock (PRRS training) that has a rotating system like you mention. I tried it breifly ages ago, but never really stuck with it to say accurately wether it works or not.

Anyway you might want to check it out, im sure there is information on it floating about somewhere.

Cheers
H