• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help!! Crook guts, what do I eat?

When I have gastro milk is the worst thing to drink. Might go ok on the stomach but it opens up the rear pipes pretty good.

I just come off a high fever + sickness. Lost 3kg over 5 days. Probably most of it was water weight but I couldnt stomach anything. Was lucky to eat 2500 kj of solid foods over the 5 days, rest was just powerade. Needlessly to say, while I was sick I pretty much overcome caffeine and sugar withdrawals, so time to start my cut now.

The best thing you can put into your body at that time (and other times) would be a homemade natural yogurt that has been incubated for no less than 24 hours, with these live bacteria cultures included:

Lactobacillus bulgaricus
Streptococcus thermophiles
Lactobacillus acidophilus
Lactobacillus casei
Bifidobacterium bifidum (
aka) B. bifidum

You're going to need to invest in an electric incubator that allows for a constant temperature of 46 degrees Celsius, since the bacteria I've mentioned above are heat loving bacteria, i.e, they thrive/multiply well at that said temperature of 46.

Don't forget to feed your probiotics above with what they love to eat, some prebiotics.

Top 10 Foods Containing Prebiotics

• Raw Chicory root: 64.6% prebiotic fibre by weight
  • Raw Jerusalem artichoke: 31.5% prebiotics by weight
    (NOTE: Jerusalem artichoke is NOT the green globe artichoke you see at the store. It’s a totally different plant.)
  • Raw Dandelion greens: 24.3% prebiotic fibre by weight
  • Raw Garlic: 17.5% prebiotics by weight
  • Raw Leek: 11.7% prebiotic fibre by weight
  • Raw Onion: 8.6% prebiotics by weight
  • Cooked Onion: 5% prebiotic fibre by weight
  • Raw Asparagus: 5% prebiotics by weight
  • Raw Wheat bran: 5% prebiotic fibre by weight
  • Wheat flour, baked: 4.8% prebiotics by weight
  • Raw Banana: 1% prebiotic fibre by weight.

I think the easiest and most practical food from the above list would be a small banana. The above list is by no means an exhaustive list of prebiotics.

Last edited: