• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help Please

jonesy2460

Hi Fellas,

I been on and off at the gym for a few years now but have now decided to comit as much time as possible into the gym and dieting. I have learnt abit about supplements and nutriton along the way but would really like someone with abit more knowledge to give me a list of what supplements i should be taking and what i should be eating. Im 94kg i got love handles and a bit of a belly but not "fat fat" lol. My goal is to get bigger and stronger and to "rip up" by the end of it. In the past i have used mainly weight gain powders because i was always around 75kg and could not put on weight. My training is fine as i have done alot of research on that side of things but i just cant get my head all these supplements that are out there these days. Anyone that can steer me in the right direction would be much appreciated!

For supplements you don't need any to get results. Most don't work and the couple that do give you a couple percent at best. Worry about them later. Getting your nutrition sorted should be your main priority at this stage and will give you better results.

Get a cheap wpc protein powder if you can't hit your protein intake through food and read though the nutrition section.

yeah thanks, just so many different opinions out there and products i guess all i can do is trial and error as far as supplements go.

yeah thanks, just so many different opinions out there and products i guess all i can do is trial and error as far as supplements go.

People get swept up in hype and marketing. Others are trying to sell products. You don't need any supplements to get big sometimes they just make getting big a little easier ie WPC/WPI makes it easier to get your protein in, a weight gainer to get calories, fish oil to get omega 3's. You could do this with food but it is harder. Protein and milk is a cheaper and better weight gainer by the way.

I'm not a big fan of all the supps out there, I just stick to WPC and heaps of it. Some would say to add a muti, and some fish oil but I don't bother with those either. As for what you should be eating, well lots of protein, I eat 1.5g for each pound of body weight I want to achieve under all my fat(for me 100kg lean). I eat about 350g of protein a day from meat and WPC, I try to have a balanced diet, that's about it. I did have a very low carb intake to start with, but have found that I wasn't performing in the gym as I wanted to and felt a bit run down after a few months so upped them. It's a very personal thing working out how many cals to consume a day, I seem to get away with heaps of cals as long as I am lifting hard, but pack the fat on if my intensity goes down. You could use one of those calculators that are all over the net to get an idea of starting cals. The one thing I will tell you is to forget trying to cut up on an untrained body, you will just look soft as fuck, you might fit those old jeans but fuck that shit, aim for a slow but steady progression of body recomposition.

Thanks dave much appreciated, whats your thoughts on things like creatine,multivitamins etc?

Creatine and Beta-alanine if you want to spend your money but don't expect anything big from them. Fish oil and a multi or greens powder if you veggie intake sucks like mine. But the last 2 to 3 are health related and will not get you bigger or leaner.

Caffeine is a good preworkout if you need a pick me up.

Once again none are essential if you have a diet in place but are more stop gaps to fill what you miss (besides the first two which are minor performance enchancers).

Hi Fellas,

I been on and off at the gym for a few years now but have now decided to comit as much time as possible into the gym and dieting. I have learnt abit about supplements and nutriton along the way but would really like someone with abit more knowledge to give me a list of what supplements i should be taking and what i should be eating. Im 94kg i got love handles and a bit of a belly but not "fat fat" lol. My goal is to get bigger and stronger and to "rip up" by the end of it. In the past i have used mainly weight gain powders because i was always around 75kg and could not put on weight. My training is fine as i have done alot of research on that side of things but i just cant get my head all these supplements that are out there these days. Anyone that can steer me in the right direction would be much appreciated!

You need to do more research.

Dietary
Protein Powder = Assisting with getting you daily protein requirements.
Multi-Vitamin = Assisting with getting your daily micronutirent requirements.
Fish Oil's = Assisting with getting you EFA's.
Exercsie Performance
Creatine & Beta Alaine = Assisting with cellular energy production for exercsie.
Caffeine = Assisting with metal function/stimulation.

Are all needed = No
Are supplements the make or break of body composition = No

Supplements are to help you be meet your daily dietary nutritional needs. If you can not consume adequate food and therefore are deficient that is then where supplements are of use/benefit.

Hey Jonesy Max summed it up pretty well.
Get some creative and Beta Alanine and tell us how you go with them.

Hey Jonesy Max summed it up pretty well.
Get some creative and Beta Alanine and tell us how you go with them.

yeah will do i have stuff laying around such as mesomorph, muscletech cell-tech too so i might give it a wirl and let ya know.

will probably do a transofmation post aswel

thanks everyone for the tips!