• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Home Gymers: Is it rude to train while you have guests over?

Is it rude to train while guests are over?

• Total voters
I would say it is. I never do it, makes you look like a complete tosser. I just train some other time.

No it is not. My home my castle. My weights my body.

I often have visitors drop in before, during and after training. Mostly parents from school with their kids. They get over it and I'm sure they have better things to do than look at a fat old bald wannabe in a one piece leotard.

What am I supposed to do - postpone my life and risk the onset of mediocrity?

I train at the office too, but fortunately that gym is a bit more secluded.

If you invite someone over knowing you had a workout planned and still go ahead with the workout just to try show off like a moron then yeah. That is rude and makes you look like a bitch.

If they come over unannounced however while you're working out then you're free to keep going.

If you invite someone over knowing you had a workout planned and still go ahead with the workout just to try show off like a moron then yeah. That is rude and makes you look like a bitch.

If they come over unannounced however while you're working out then you're free to keep going.

this.

but id only finish my main sets, then go and put on the charade that i like people

x3 - Its really circumstantial as KFG said -If the guests were invited or just turned up unexpectedly. I agree that if the guests were invited then its rude but if they turn up unexpectedly whilst your training then you should feel free to finish your session or as Callan suggested at least just complete the main exercises you had planned and shorten session duration if you feel as though you are being antisocial.

Last edited:
if they don't mind watching me train naked..

(that's my fantasy, to have my own home gym and being able to train naked)

Guests are invited company so yes it is rude

Visitors dropping in is annoying at the best of times, more so if you are training.

I got people coming over tomorrow night, self invited. Its a training night! Argh! Thinking of training but cant bring myself to do it!

When I go to my sister's house her husband is always in the garage lifting. Regardless of big event or just a small social. Entertainment and garage areas are associated. I dont mind he does this but id feel funny.

Now ive moved to the outside gym, whenever my neighbour hears weight clanging she thinks its an invite to drag me to the fence for a chat! :mad:

hahaha I can just fucking imagine having some people over for tea and going
"well, I just need to go do some squats. See you in 30 minutes."

Guests are invited company so yes it is rude

Visitors dropping in is annoying at the best of times, more so if you are training.

Yep true, if we have people coming around I always squeeze in lifting beforehand as I know some people like to hang around for fukin ages.
The pop ins are annoying as hell, our neighbour was always popping in for a while, I would never let him in but he would always bail me up out the front and just fukin chat for ages, and the fucker seems to always be outside or have his garage door open so he can see whats going on, it annoys the living shit outta me :mad:

Agree 100%

Will never have a home gym. Need an excuse to leave the office and home at times. I rarely invite people over and people that know me, know not to just drop in. So will never be a problem either way for me.

Re: OP - No not rude.

Guests invited or uninvited for an evening - yes, it's rude

Guests staying for a week - not rude on the condition you spend more time in the evenings with them then you do in the gym

my guests come over to train. No issue for me.

If people randomly turn up during the middle of a session, I'd say hi, see what's going on etc. and then get back to my shit. People see some intensity and then realise that I'm not in the gym for a chat :p