• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How did you overcome the first big hurdle in your quest to be fit?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
how did you overcame your biggest hurdle that thing that made you test your dedication?

I lost 65kg in 6 months without counting calories just had a mindful eye on food

but had to count calories and watch my carbs more to lose 82 kgs

So counting cals probably helped the most

I lost 65kg in 6 months without counting calories just had a mindful eye on food

but had to count calories and watch my carbs more to lose 82 kgs

So counting cals probably helped the most

Phuck me son... you lost 82 kegs? Well-done! :cool:

In terms of 'getting fit' for me personally - this is a state I have yet to achieve :p

I think the only thing that ever challenged my commitment to lifting was an initial fear of others' judgement of me in the gym, but mostly that just made me try lifting too much or using reps to justify why I wasn't lifting very much. And that was about it. I've always loved lifting heavy objects and trying to lift heavier objects, and it took me many years (in fact I think I'm only just starting to figure it out) to understand why commitment to exercise is such a hurdle for most people. I think I relate to strength training the way the average person relates to ice cream. If you asked the average person to eat ice cream three days a week, how much trouble would they really have committing to that?

I overcame the need to be fit in my mid-20s in favour of limit strength and power. I remain unfit to this day.

I am tested everyday by injuries.

Even though I was told today I have to stop doing Chest.

I wil continue LIFTING, untill I can't lift anymore.

It's what I do :)

I tried dieting at night so I could still concentrate at work. I found I could diet and still write reports/read documents all day without loads of food and sugar.

Not sure if I have faced many "tests" as such - I guess when I 1st started (more to drop weight) it was simply having the motivation and drive to put down the chips and go for a walk/do cardio - I was young and never spoke to anyone about my goals - pretty much just did it and people were just asking me wtf is going on haha - lost over 40kgs over the space of 6 months - in some respects it was the hardest thing I have done in my training life but at the same time the easiest because once I started I did not want to stop till I reached my goal.

After failing miserably in my early 20's to get fit again, I found training for competition gave me the drive I was lacking when just training to lose weight/get fit kept failing, I got into mountain biking/cycling, which I lost 10kg doing then MMA which got me into running and hiit circuit training, now that Im done being punched for a while crossfit has kept my competitive drive going, I find training for an event keeps me motivated to keep training

Knee, Shoulder, back, neck, and foot injury to varying degrees prevented me from lifting properly. Had to get those bastards in line first before I could make any progress. That was 2012.

When I started out I would read a lot of training diaries of people who were following powerlifting routines. So I thought this was the only way to train; lift as heavy as possible and always try to stack on more weight. This worked for a while but then my form suffered and I found it really boring. It didn't suit my style of training and isn't the smartest way to train, so I stopping taking the gym seriously.

I then tried out a lot of different ways of training and found a more bodybuilding style of training to work better for what I was trying to achieve. I found it enjoyable and increased my training volume.

The other issue was diet. Once you learn to say no to unnecessary snacks and to control portion sizes, you're on the first step to seeing better results.

Last edited: