• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you have your protein shake?

nobullsupplements

Site Advertiser
AusBB'ers,

We've launched our site,nobullsupplementsNo Bull Supplements Australia, and are looking at adding a section to our homepage, "How do you have your protein shake"? Our customers have sent us their opinions - some with peanut butter, others mixed with oats. We want YOU to provide us with an interesting recipe, and why exactly you have it that way. If your method appears on our site, you will be contacted and you'll receive 1kg No Bull Whey Protein (Isolate) - Coffee flavour, free.

Regards

No Bull Team

Last edited by a moderator:
training shake - water + 40g dextrose +wpc

others - water + olive oil + macadamia oil + LSA +wpc

thats new

A lot of people prefer taking their protein with water when they are trying to lose weight or cut. Reason being when you cut you are trying to reduce calories which there are a lot of in milk.

I noticed a huge differece in the amount of weight i was dropping just be removing milk from my diet. As well as this if you substitute milk for water, it means you can eat more solid food for the same calorie count :)

3 scoops choc whey, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 tablespoon peanut butter, ice - blended.

Low carb/high fat/high protein - hello keto.

mmmmmm sooo good

700ml milk
2 scoops choc whey
3 tbls yogurt

Never calculated cals but I'd guess about 1000 cals and 85g protein.

Skull then grow!

My FAT Shake.. :)

500 mls of organic milk (342 cals / 16 gms protein / 20.6 gms fat / 24 gms carb)
+ 2 scoops plain Protein powder (300 cals / 42 gms protein / 7 gms fat / 16 gms carb)
+ 2 tablespoons Almond butter (280 cals / 9.2 gms protein / 23 gms fat / 6.2 gms carb)
+ 2 tablespoons Chia seeds (140 cals / 6.2 gms protein / 10 gms fat)
and a sprinkle of cinnnamon and a full tsp of vanilla extract
Stevia if you need some sweeteness to chug it down...

TOTALs = ~1100 cals / 73 gms protein / 60gms fat / 46 gms carb

Last edited:
water if i am out and about , or if i am home its milk
at work it was milk , free milk pura light start so drink shit loads of that stuff

A lot of people prefer taking their protein with water when they are trying to lose weight or cut. Reason being when you cut you are trying to reduce calories which there are a lot of in milk.

I noticed a huge differece in the amount of weight i was dropping just be removing milk from my diet. As well as this if you substitute milk for water, it means you can eat more solid food for the same calorie count :)

i drink milk with my shakes and im cutting.

I normally never get hungry and i consume like 2000 calories a day lol.

But i see what your saying

I honestly think everyone in this thread should get a free kg of protein! - some great ideas here.

My FAT Shake.. :)

500 mls of organic milk (342 cals / 16 gms protein / 20.6 gms fat / 24 gms carb)
+ 2 scoops plain Protein powder (300 cals / 42 gms protein / 7 gms fat / 16 gms carb)
+ 2 tablespoons Almond butter (280 cals / 9.2 gms protein / 23 gms fat / 6.2 gms carb)
+ 2 tablespoons Chia seeds (140 cals / 6.2 gms protein / 10 gms fat)
and a sprinkle of cinnnamon and a 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract

TOTALs = ~1100 cals / 73 gms protein / 60gms fat / 46 gms carb

Def going to try this out.

I like to mix it up a bit.
One day ill go with water
The next day water
and then another day water.....

Lyoto Machida drinks his own urine. Wonder how protein powder would taste mixed in that...won't be trying anytime soon lol.

Def going to try this out.

Add some Stevia if its not sweet enough for you, and a full teaspoon of vanilla extract doesn't go astray.

I used to use flavoured protein, so didn't need any of the above, but the plain protein that I switched too has changed the taste a lot. If you have fruit in yours (say a frozen banana), that should take care of everything.