• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How does my program sound?

M

mike_nofx

Hi all, My names Mike im 23 and im trying to get into shape, mainly to turn my fat into muscle.

I havent been to the gym in years, and im trying to get into it.

I weigh 106kg, and im of pretty big build and while i wouldn't really consider myself a 'fat bastard' i do have a bit of a gut. Im not so much trying to lose weight (im happy to be 100kg+) but more to increase muscle.

Anyway, heres my program i made up, i was just wondering if anyone could let me know it there are any problems with it. I have just started doing it and im in my second week.

I will be working out at home, and so far only have access to a Bench, Barbell, Dumbells, and exercise equipment (bike, treadmil, stepper). More equipment may be purchased when i need it.

Monday – Chest + Triceps

Bar Bench Press
Dumbbell Fly
Bar Incline Bench press
One arm tricep extension

Tuesday – Back + Biceps

Dumbbell Curl
Dumbbell bent over row
Dumbbell Shrug
Incline Dumbell Curl

Wednesday – Legs (Still needs work)

Thursday – Shoulders + Traps

Dumbbell front raise
Barbell upright row
Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Behind Neck press

Friday – Abs/Waist

Deadlift
Dumbbell side bend
Incline crunch
Barbell Bent knee good-morning

Thanks
Mike

Monday – Chest + Triceps + Abs

Bar Bench Press
Bar Incline Bench press
Tricep Cip
Skull Crusher
Abs

Tuesday – Back + Biceps

Deadlift
Barbell Row
Chin-up or pulldowns
Dumbell or Barbell Curl
Preacher Curl

Wednesday – Legs (Still needs work)
Sqaut
Squat
Squat
SLDL
Leg Curl

Thursday – Shoulders + Traps + Calves

Military or Dumbell Press
Side Raise
Shrugs
Rear Delt Raise
Standing Calf Raise or Toe Presses on Leg press
Searted Calf Raise

Friday – Abs/Waist
Restage and or cardio
Fixed.....

how did their set list go??

at brisbane they played
- 4 songs from poketmin
- 3 brand new songs
rest from todays empires, tomorrows ashes/how to clean/quality is #1

how wide is your stance for SLDL I have seen wide, sumo, shoulder width, and now just by chance saw one foot length apart. Which is better? I have been doing it shoulder width maybe im doing a different exercise! i dunno.

how wide is your stance for SLDL I have seen wide, sumo, shoulder width, and now just by chance saw one foot length apart. Which is better? I have been doing it shoulder width maybe im doing a different exercise! i dunno.
Sumo stance is generally used for floor deads not SLDL's. I use a shoulder width stance

how did their set list go??

at brisbane they played
- 4 songs from poketmin
- 3 brand new songs
rest from todays empires, tomorrows ashes/how to clean/quality is #1

I think it was the same setlist.

3 new and 4 from everything else.

I've seen most, if not all the set lists so far and they have all been basically the same.