• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How long do you train for?

How many hours do you train a day

• Under 1 hour

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • 1-2 hours

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • 2-3 hours

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • 3-4 hours

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 4+ (can be split into double day sessions)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
2.5hrs on Sheiko x 3 times weekly
1.5hrs on PPP x 4 times weekly
10 mins a day for foam rolling

I wish my workouts were @ 1hr. Its steadily climbing to 1.5+ hrs at the moment (due to increased rest breaks needed to get my HR down)

On average 1-2 hours a day, 8-10 total per week.

A lot more upper body cause it hasn't been injured (touch wood) and is thus stronger relatively and can handle more volume.

I probably work out too much but its given me decent results so I tend not to drop sets, just keep adding.....

When i used to do crossfit it was over as fast as you could make it, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 40 minutes!

4x a week at around 90-120mins it seems for me. (that was on Diggit 2) I'm not strong enough to warrant 8min rest periods yet :)

And for comparison sake
Total (but not on same day sorry) is now 525kg@84kg. (up from 478kg@82kg in August 2012)

I think you can see the obvious difference between the competitive (and successful) powerlifter and general gym rat here. No shortcuts here, just hours and hours of work.

I think you can see the obvious difference between the competitive (and successful) powerlifter and general gym rat here. No shortcuts here, just hours and hours of work.

Yeah definitely. But is it fair to say it correlates to peoples specific goals in most cases?

I guess if you're simply looking to get stronger to perform better at a specific sport, then training 2+ hours powerlifting each day could ultimately affect you negatively.

For those training shorter, is it a time factor or a goal factor? For me, its a goal related thing.

I used to train for an hour max. Now my workouts are taking an hour and a half. I have found that I need more volume. After training for almost 10 years solidly, 60 mins just doesn't cut it (for me). I have noticed improvements in myself with that additional 30 mins in the last 2 months.

I bracket my workouts generally with decent nutrition & protein shakes and always have. Was near 98kg, now sitting at 90.2kg. Arms and chest still the same size, weights haven't dropped which is great.

For those training shorter, is it a time factor or a goal factor? For me, its a goal related thing.

When I was less than an hour per session it was because that was the minimum effective dose to create stimulus. I was weaker then and didn't need as much volume. I've realised in the last 6 months that my squat and DL need some decent volume. Still haven't figured out bench as low or high volume doesn't seem to help much haha.

3 times a week lifting at around 1.5 hours each session. 2 times per week some bodyweight, kettlebells at 3/4 hour each time.

To be fair, not everyone is aiming to be a successful powerlifter...and some have kids, jobs, other interests that just take priority. And some just don't have access to a good gym as often as they'd like.

To be fair, not everyone is aiming to be a successful powerlifter...and some have kids, jobs, other interests that just take priority. And some just don't have access to a good gym as often as they'd like.

And that's fine.

The purpose of my threads is to gauge length of time spent in relation o your strength.

You don't need to be a good PLer.

If you train for strength, for any reason, I'm curious to know how long you train for.

Do stronger people choose to train for longer to get stronger?
Or do stronger people take longer to train?