• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How many false starts did you guys have before you started to *consistently* hit the

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
How many false starts did you guys have before you started to *consistently* hit the gym?

I've not had more than a week off since I started
It was when I came to Australia, I had almost a week off bit did lots of chin-ups and pull-ups

Spent most of my twenties fluffling around at the gym doing brocurls and benching all day long. Took 2 years off, now been consistently at it for about 18 months now. So I guess this current stint is my first proper attempt at it.

Longest I have prob had off is 3-4 weeks due to injury - other than that consistently been going to the gym for over 10 years. I dont think I could ever not train...even when I was away earlier this year I got to the gym as much as possible and did pushups/situps/bench dips everyday haha

Started at 15 and was on/off for years. I was the classic gym goer, sign up and go 4-5 times per week for the first few months then it would drop off.

Only genuinely got committed in mid 2012.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

1, was about 18 and had no clue what I was doing, 3-4 times a week for about a month and a half then gave up. 12 months later actually decided to get off the couch and give it a real go and never looked back, my day isn't complete without a session in the gym now.

Since I actually got started properly with weight training only time off for injury or holiday (and then I usually do "something" anyway).

I think this question should be asked in the nutrition section for fat loss :p

Two false starts

First picked up a set of weider dumbells when I was 10, gave up when I was 12.

Started to lift weights again at about 15 but gave up after only 17 years during which time I would have not stopped for more than a week.

Started again aged 39-40 gently at first but learnt to ignore the discomfort and the body's unwillingness. I don't want to be weak again. Quite grateful for the years of foundation training which has allowed me to lift some respectable weights and get back a lot of my strength even with very low natural testosterone levels.