• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

how many whole eggs do you eat a day?

Thanks guys lmao I'm Italian and I didn't even know what frittata was

:eek: hehehe....you just need to get a bit of practice and a good non-stick pan. There are also some double sided fry pans for the Master Chef.

Yeah I wanna know if any of the blokes here that eat 10+ eggs a day, if they have had their blood pressure and chol checked lately and whether its sitting in the normal range or not.. just for some rough anecdotal proof its ok to eat that many!

Yeah I wanna know if any of the blokes here that eat 10+ eggs a day, if they have had their blood pressure and chol checked lately and whether its sitting in the normal range or not.. just for some rough anecdotal proof its ok to eat that many!

I was eating 10 eggs a day at the time. Got cholesterol tested and can't remember the numbers now but was on the lower end of the normal range.

I freakin' love eggs, any which way but mostly scrambled for ease and convenience.

I'd do a dozen a week, very regularly.

When I eat eggs i'll normally have 4-6 in a sitting - whole eggs - never really understood the whole egg white thing.

Eggs don't increase cholesterol at all? I read they only do so in large doses... I would assume 6-12 a day would be considered large.

Have a look around....

Plenty of testing done of people eating more then 12 eggs a day with nonegative effectsi... In some cases cholesterol actually improves...

One more fallacy to add to the long list of BS out there...

Most importantly, the yolk contains biotin (Vitamin H). Raw egg whites contain avidin which binds biotin in the body. Regular consumption raw egg whites over a relatively short period can lead to biotin deficiency. Can leave some nasty symptoms.

Cooking the egg white denatures the avidin, but not completely (eg the biotin binding activity is only reduced by 40% by boiling according to a recent study), so there is a theoretical still a risk of biotin deficiency if you are consuming large amounts of egg whites.

It seems most people are completely unaware of this.

If you are eating the whole egg, none of this is a problem.

You are also less manly if you do not eat the yolk.

from Wikipedia: "A large yolk contains more than two-thirds of the recommended daily intake of 300 mg of cholesterol (although one study indicates the human body may not absorb much cholesterol from eggs[32]). The yolk makes up about 33% of the liquid weight of the egg. It contains all of the fat, slightly less than half of the protein, and most of the other nutrients".

What if that "one" study is wrong?

Lol.... To all you non yokers... Time to hand in your man card...

I'm not a man so I reserve the right to use egg whites to make my meringues, macarons and various other sweet desserts LOL

Re the cholesterol issue ...

many studies have confirmed that the body produces more or less cholesterol based on how much is consumed through diet (ie consume more, the body slows down production and vice versa).

Your body does this in order to reach its own cholesterol set point (which varies between individuals).

The exception to this is a rare condition where consumption of cholesterol via diet will actually increase the body's cholesterol. But it's not a common condition.

I'm not a man so I reserve the right to use egg whites to make my meringues, macarons and various other sweet desserts LOL

Re the cholesterol issue ...

many studies have confirmed that the body produces more or less cholesterol based on how much is consumed through diet (ie consume more, the body slows down production and vice versa).

Your body does this in order to reach its own cholesterol set point (which varies between individuals).

The exception to this is a rare condition where consumption of cholesterol via diet will actually increase the body's cholesterol. But it's not a common condition.

Agreed... Intent is different...

Throwing out yolks purely for macros is not cool...

Can easily buy egg white only and not throw out yolks...

Fresh egg white for amazing recipe is completely different issue.