• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

how many whole eggs do you eat a day?

I'm not a man so I reserve the right to use egg whites to make my meringues, macarons and various other sweet desserts LOL

Re the cholesterol issue ...

many studies have confirmed that the body produces more or less cholesterol based on how much is consumed through diet (ie consume more, the body slows down production and vice versa).

Your body does this in order to reach its own cholesterol set point (which varies between individuals).

The exception to this is a rare condition where consumption of cholesterol via diet will actually increase the body's cholesterol. But it's not a common condition.

Unless you consume excessive amounts in which case the body can't regulate it... i.e. if Ideal level is 10 and you have 5 body produces 5. If you have 25 body can't produce -15.

1 study indeed, sounds like a myth in itself.

Agreed... Intent is different...

Throwing out yolks purely for macros is not cool...

Can easily buy egg white only and not throw out yolks...

Fresh egg white for amazing recipe is completely different issue.

And yes...love u long time ccm.....

throwing out fresh yolks is criminal ...

I could be making creme patissiere or gelato ... egads :eek::eek::eek:

i agree. I buy egg whites in cartons for that purpose.

Unless you consume excessive amounts in which case the body can't regulate it... i.e. if Ideal level is 10 and you have 5 body produces 5. If you have 25 body can't produce -15.

1 study indeed, sounds like a myth in itself.

well, yeah, at the extremes, it's out of whack.

Get your cholesterol tested and see if its an issue.

I already know it is an issue, I'm just trying to keep the discussion as rational as possible as I 'm reading some funny posts.

still from wikipedia:
There is debate over whether egg yolk presents a health risk. Some research suggests dietary cholesterol increases the ratio of total to HDL cholesterol and, therefore, adversely affects the body's cholesterol profile;[39] whereas other studies show that moderate consumption of eggs, up to one a day, does not appear to increase heart disease risk in healthy individuals.[40] Harold McGee argues that the cholesterol in the yolk is not what causes a problem, because fat (in particular, saturated) is much more likely to raise cholesterol levels than the actual consumption of cholesterol.[5] In a randomized trial, Sacks et al.[41] found that adding one egg per day to the usual diet of 17 lactovegetarians whose habitual cholesterol intake was very low (97 mg/day) significantly increased LDL cholesterol level by 12%.

If you are worried about cholesterol, eat some plant sterols, these are taken back up by the body in the place of cholesterol but the body doesn't know the difference. Your cholesterol will go down with regular consumption.