• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much P/C/F are you ppl eating?

Unless you weigh 50kg, 1800cal is very low.

Yes i agree, But i tried on 2000, Nothing, 2500, nothing... then 2200 and nothing

My dexa scan said to eat 1900 per day.... but that was a couple years ago and ive gotten Much stronger since then. I never did any weights at that time

I figure if i set it at 18000, I eat 100% spot on all week, I may spulge a little on the weekend but really not at all the last couple weeks and that kind of evens out to 1900-2000 odd

Mind you ive been lifting a fair bit, Boxing 5-6 times a week and starting to rock 6.5km jogs to work each morning

Il give it another 2 weeks of counting cals, then im going to not count and just eat... I have a very good idea of whats what and i really don't eat shit food at all

Yes i agree, But i tried on 2000, Nothing, 2500, nothing... then 2200 and nothing

My dexa scan said to eat 1900 per day.... but that was a couple years ago and ive gotten Much stronger since then. I never did any weights at that time

I figure if i set it at 18000, I eat 100% spot on all week, I may spulge a little on the weekend but really not at all the last couple weeks and that kind of evens out to 1900-2000 odd

Mind you ive been lifting a fair bit, Boxing 5-6 times a week and starting to rock 6.5km jogs to work each morning

Il give it another 2 weeks of counting cals, then im going to not count and just eat... I have a very good idea of whats what and i really don't eat shit food at all

Does the recommended amount of 1900 take into account the enormous amounts of cardio you are doing?

Does the recommended amount of 1900 take into account the enormous amounts of cardio you are doing?

Dexa was in 2011 - 1900 cals per day and try to avg 2000 cals lost per week in exercise

i was 77kg and 18.9% BF

im now 96kg and no clue on body fat... Planning to get it checked out in the next couple months

My aim at present is to really concentrate on the training, Only been back to boxing for 6 weeks or so and only just started the runs 3 weeks ago, Avg about twice a week now just so i can recover.

maybe i should just smash 4000 cals a day and train the house down and see what happens - Thats the next plan of attack

Dexa was in 2011 - 1900 cals per day and try to avg 2000 cals lost per week in exercise

i was 77kg and 18.9% BF

im now 96kg and no clue on body fat... Planning to get it checked out in the next couple months

My aim at present is to really concentrate on the training, Only been back to boxing for 6 weeks or so and only just started the runs 3 weeks ago, Avg about twice a week now just so i can recover.

maybe i should just smash 4000 cals a day and train the house down and see what happens - Thats the next plan of attack

I am 98kg and 23% BF and I was eating around the same amount of calories as you. If anything I was maintaining my weight but there was a very small amount of muscle gain, so obviously there was also a small amount of fat loss. Did it for a while. I am now trying the Elliot Hulse hybrid approach and will see how I go at higher calories

I don't usually agree with most of the things I see on youtube but this guy made lots of sense to me. Might want to check this video out :)

http://youtu.be/HDqb8jbyI1U

I'm trying to cut on 4000 calories. 250+ for protein and eating lots of carbs.

Am losing weight when I stick to my calories but sticking to it is tuff at the moment.

Last edited:
I weigh more than Sticky/Bazza at 110kg. I probably have a more sedentary lifestyle, other than 6-8 hours of working out a week I'm at a desk. I bulk pretty quickly on 4000 cals, and cut on 3000.

I probably have less lean body mass than them though. I think (guessing) I would be 90-95kg @ 10-15% bodyfat.

I am 98kg and 23% BF and I was eating around the same amount of calories as you. If anything I was maintaining my weight but there was a very small amount of muscle gain, so obviously there was also a small amount of fat loss. Did it for a while. I am now trying the Elliot Hulse hybrid approach and will see how I go at higher calories

I don't usually agree with most of the things I see on youtube but this guy made lots of sense to me. Might want to check this video out :)

FAT LOSS LIFESTYLE'S: HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT FAST: NUTRITION PRINCIPLES - YouTube

Awsome, Il check it out - how long have you been on the higher cals for? Notice anything as yet?

Before I started my cut a few weeks ago, I was 98-99 at 8.6%

Down to 94.5 as of this morning.

I work in a gym, and train 6 days a week, so I'm pretty active.

i was 77kg and 18.9% BF

Honestly, having watched the progress of some of my friends who are close to that kind of weight (and low calorie diet doesn't really work), I don't think that idea is that silly.

Awsome, Il check it out - how long have you been on the higher cals for? Notice anything as yet?

Not yet man, I started it this week. I just injured my rib while doing a heavy squat so I might be out for a couple of weeks :( - I will still use the diet format but change the intake on the days I would normally be working out and eating more carbs. The formula is in his video below man. Elliot is a very intelligent guy and all of his research is from decent sources. The program is called "Lean hybrid muscle reloaded" and for people that are already overweight and are trying to lose fat and maintain/build a bit of muscle as fast as possible, it looks like the best solution! For people that have their diet and calories sorted out and already know what works for them to cut and bulk and are happy doing it that way than this program still might work and will avoid the bulking/cutting stages but I dare say the results might take a bit longer for some depending on their individual development. You can buy the "full program" if you really wanted greater details for about $75 but I have sent you a pm so please read it :)

Fat Burning & Muscle Diet Plan - YouTube

Last edited:
Cutting: 2400cal @ 87kg aprox
p 210
f 67
c 240

Re-feed once a week aprox 3100cal

Last edited:
I'm carb cycling nowadays. So on the zero carb days i only eat veggies or maybe carbohydrate traces from some foods but they barely add up to 30g.

On moderate days, i try to stay under 130g, and i have my high carb days that are over 250g

Protein is stable ~150g daily and fat depends on carb intake

Not yet man, I started it this week. I just injured my rib while doing a heavy squat so I might be out for a couple of weeks :( - I will still use the diet format but change the intake on the days I would normally be working out and eating more carbs. The formula is in his video below man. Elliot is a very intelligent guy and all of his research is from decent sources. The program is called "Lean hybrid muscle reloaded" and for people that are already overweight and are trying to lose fat and maintain/build a bit of muscle as fast as possible, it looks like the best solution! For people that have their diet and calories sorted out and already know what works for them to cut and bulk and are happy doing it that way than this program still might work and will avoid the bulking/cutting stages but I dare say the results might take a bit longer for some depending on their individual development. You can buy the "full program" if you really wanted greater details for about $75 but I have sent you a pm so please read it :)

Fat Burning & Muscle Diet Plan - YouTube

This is seriously a monumental crock of shit..

Eat a slight deficit on a weekly basis

Lift heavy often

High protein intake

Do it for 6 months and you will be suprised...

Well..... Ive been eating 1800 calories day in day out for 3 weeks.... WEIGHT HAS NOT FUCKING BUDGED

2200 as of today, if i see no weight loss il bump the prick up to 4000, If im not going to loose wight i might aswell fucking eat :)

Fuck i train 6 days a week ontop of lifting you think id be loosing some weight at 1800 calories a day. Clearly not