• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much water weight can you lose in sauna?

Will do. I'm just doing the maths now to get the worries out of the way. Although by worrying too much, I might just sweat enough now to make weight... :D

Next comp I'll try not to be a fat arse for my weight class :( Making weight is just a pain!

Not sure its a good idea doing that without a 24hr weigh in. Any fluids you drink after the sauna is stored.

You only get a 2hr weigh in.

I wouldnt want to be lifting in a depleted state.

Just lift in the heavier weight class.

Powerlifting is about lifting heavy weights in my opinion.

Good luck Dancer

Thanks Markos. I don't mind lifting in the heavier class (might just do so next comp), but I've learned recently that at this particular comp, if you don't make weight, you go play footy in the oval, no lifting allowed. :(

I lift at 1pm, weigh-in at 11am, so I can sit in the sauna from 9-11 then weigh in and drink up afterwards. That's the last resort anyway. I was 85.0 kg this morning so I think I can still make it under 83kg on the day.

dude 2kg in 3 days is easy... keep eating but drop ur fluid intake tomorrow around lunchtime and u will piss it in.

dude 2kg in 3 days is easy... keep eating but drop ur fluid intake tomorrow around lunchtime and u will piss it in.

I'll lose 2-3kg just from sleeping alone..
Dehydrated first thing in the morning..
Love it!

no sauna action required

See how you go.. you may not even need to sauna..

What do you mean you cant lift if you dont make weight?

Surely you have that wrong. Since Moses lifted, if you weigh in heavy or light, you simply lift in that class.

I'd check that mate, no way will you not be allowed to lift if you come in heavy

What do you mean you cant lift if you dont make weight?

Surely you have that wrong. Since Moses lifted, if you weigh in heavy or light, you simply lift in that class.

I'd check that mate, no way will you not be allowed to lift if you come in heavy

New IPF rule. Weights for this comp had to be locked by 5th March.

Must be a mistake, no way can you expect lifters to "predict" their bodyweight 3 weeks in advanced, you guys should double check that, it sounds moronic.

Surely if a lifter registers to compete, and he is 100gms over predicted bodyweight, he can still lift in heavier weight class.

I'm sure you guys have it wrong, there can be no one on the planet moronic enough to enforce this rule.

Double check fellas

the reasoning for the new 21 day rule is to ensure that at International comps, that people don't duck and dodge competition by jumping up and down weight classes once they see who turns up.
In Australia it's only enforced at national competitions.

Weightlifting has a similar rule
"A competitor who, within the time allocated for the weigh-in, fails to make the
bodyweight of the category in which he or she is officially entered is excluded
from the actual competitions."

My brain just went numb

So this isnt a joke, its a real thing?

If you weigh 100gms over your 3 week predicted weight, you have to go home.

Good luck to those competing

Oh, what happens if you come in lighter, still get to go home?

My brain just went numb

So this isnt a joke, its a real thing?

If you weigh 100gms over your 3 week predicted weight, you have to go home.

Good luck to those competing

Oh, what happens if you come in lighter, still get to go home?
that is the least of your worries if you come into a comp 10-15 kilos light. maybe you have ebola or aids or something?

I'm pretty sure it just relates to weight class....e.g sign up for 93kg on the 5th of March; can't drop down a class if you find out no lifters in lighter class. It's to do with national payouts for other countries....lifters who win their class get paid by government

No other Powerlifting federation in the world would turn away a lifter that has been training all year (It is a Nats) away from a comp, you simply move up a weight class.

From novice to nats, you lift in the class you weigh in at.

Like Mac said about WL, it appears to be another rule change to be more inline with WL, as to try and gain entry into the Olympics

The IPF is going to have to choose between PL and WL.

If anyone doesnt make weight, and wants to lift, the CAPO Southern States are on Sunday in Frankston.

You can weigh whatever you like, you still lift lol

I'll double check about this rule tonight. I can see why dropping down a weight class would be problematic as mentioned above, but not going up. It's not like at, say, 83.2kg, I suddenly become a huge threat to the guys in the 93kg class (esp that Matt Middleton, Scott Hill and the likes are lifting). :p

I think I'll make weight somewhat comfortably, but it's always good to have a Plan B.

Next comp I'll either get to 80kg ripped or bulk up to 90kg with some room to spare, so I don't have to do this stupid making weight shit again!

that is the least of your worries if you come into a comp 10-15 kilos light. maybe you have ebola or aids or something?

You know how you can be over weight by 100gms, pretty sure you can be UNDER the limit by 100gms. Not sure there is a 15kg gap between classes either, but fuck, nothing would surprise me in Hitlerville

Nothing like an exaggeration hey big fella.