• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How often do you weight train each area?

Anything is possible, some things are just unlikely. And to be fair Shrek, I went from 60kg to 80kg without a huge gain in bodyfat in about a year. But that's me. Either way training twice a week seems to be the most you should train any bodypart for optimal growth.
One year is a lot longer than 5 months. There would be bodyfat there, just not visibley obvious.

love these old threads. LOL

Gotta love the rebump and yeh Oli it probably was puberty, but I was sick as well when I dropped to such a low weight. I'm just lucky I've been able to get my weight up.

I also gained 20kg in a year, but I'd say only 15kg of that was muscle and 5kg of that was simply growing up.

Puberty doesnt end at 14. Go to a rugby match and watch the 18s play, then go and watch the first division. Most will have a 2-5 year age gap but theres a size difference...

How old is this thread? Someone got the shovel out .. dig dig..

Puberty doesnt end at 14. Go to a rugby match and watch the 18s play, then go and watch the first division. Most will have a 2-5 year age gap but theres a size difference...

... you're right, Male Human body is not even 100% grown till around 21 years old. The bones in your wrist are the last thing completed, maybe when evolution created us they knew we would need an extra bit of flexibility in the wrist, for those private moments.

Overtraining/Undertraining

Seriously sometimes i feel like its such a fine line.

Right now im training every body part once a week.
But really feel like i could nearly hit everything more than once.

Even if i do an extra day with compound movements etc.
Right now i do

chest/tri
back/bis
Legs
Shoulders

does anyone on here train everything more than once?

frequency depends on your level imo. When you bench 60kg you could do it everyday. When you bench 140kg+ like most bodybuilders/powerlifters benching once a week is more than enough.

Seriously sometimes i feel like its such a fine line.

Right now im training every body part once a week.
But really feel like i could nearly hit everything more than once.

Even if i do an extra day with compound movements etc.
Right now i do

chest/tri
back/bis
Legs
Shoulders

does anyone on here train everything more than once?
I do, but I don't do a lot of volume per session. 5-6 sets max. i don't feel the need to pulverise the muscle into submission.

I have gained more size doing less, on fewer calories and have dropped body fat. Go figure