• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How to wrap your knees?

D1cko

Extra Large Member
I'm about to start wrapping knees every now and then for my training..

Can someone knowledgeable (sticky, von?) show me how to wrap my knees SAFELY? I've youtubed a couple methods but wouldn't mind hearing opinions from those on here...
I have 2.5m wraps
Cheers

i'd take a vid for you but i dont have knee wraps at home, i try to explain but ill just cause confusion

Tightly is the only decent comment I'll bring to the conversation that many people will forget. Remember, you're trying to maximise the surface area over the knee joint so don't waste time covering areas that is not the knee joint. Most people will use the lines on the wrap as a guide and depending how long or stiff the wraps are or how many lines are on it etc will determine how you do this. Most people X the knee a few times then work from bottom to top. Remember that the knee joint is at the top of the knee and not the bottom. It took me a few goes to figure this one out. Sticky showed me how to wrap the first time but there are eleventy billion methods out there so ultimately you're just going to have to play around

Pro tip #42:
Wrap too far below your knee, you will loose feeling in your feet much faster, and will also cause pain and discomfort in your calf unnecessarily.

I second the apt tutorial and what callan said. If you wrap tightly into the top of the calf you will
- lose feeling in your feet
- feel a weird pulling in your calf/ Achilles
- have a massive cork in your calf the next day

When I competed at the Limbo gym meet Kristos wrapped my knees. I told him that the only time it had been wrapped was Tara and he winced and showed PTSD symptoms. It was rather hilarious

I hate full on cuts from Tim, and i made the mistake of telling him i could handle it, so wrap me tight. My god, so much pain lol.

I've played around with wrapping a couple of times, and it's either too loose and I don't feel anything from them during the squat or too tight and I can't actually squat because the pain makes it impossibru.

Might try that interlocking style from the vid if I get a chance this week.