• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hows my Keto Diet??

There is conflicting evidence that show BOTH fat dominate or carbohydrate dominate maintain LBM effectively.

In terms of athletic performance in the gym, (depending on the state of adaptation) typically a fat adapted state shows NO responce to carbohydrates in acute settings (5-6 days before training). http://jap.physiology.org/content/89/6/2413.long http://jap.physiology.org/content/91/1/115.long

If someone is following a low carbohydrate diet regular carbohydrate loads are necessary to support optimal training performance. But I stress, it must be regular and adequate levels of carbohydrates. Expecting any benefit from a once of re-feed will not help with train performance in the long or even short term.

Last edited:
Coming from someone who did a keto style diet for a long time...going on nearly a year n 1/2...its not worth it...it does run the body down even if you dont know it as such...the body needs a balanced diet to run at 100%...that being when cutting, bulking or maintaining...I dare the guys who have been on keto for awhile to change back to more of a balanced, normal, "healthy" eating plan and see how much better you do feel...

Coming from someone who did a keto style diet for a long time...going on nearly a year n 1/2...its not worth it...it does run the body down even if you dont know it as such...the body needs a balanced diet to run at 100%...that being when cutting, bulking or maintaining...I dare the guys who have been on keto for awhile to change back to more of a balanced, normal, "healthy" eating plan and see how much better you do feel...

I have almost the exactly same experience. Ate basically as little carbs as possible for a couple years when trying to lose some flab. Lost weight but often felt lethargic and lacking energy. Now eating more balanced carbs and fats, still losing fat and feel so much better.

I have almost the exactly same experience. Ate basically as little carbs as possible for a couple years when trying to lose some flab. Lost weight but often felt lethargic and lacking energy. Now eating more balanced carbs and fats, still losing fat and feel so much better.

I got to a point where I was falling asleep at work and nearly fell asleep a few times driving home from work..and just told myself that I had just been working and training hard etc....really not worth it...I wanna be training for a long long time and not run my body into the ground for nothing...what to be abit leaner...not worth it...

I'm going on a Carb restricted diet again from next week. A friend has put together a diet where the only Carb intake is from copious amounts of brocolli and refeed is for a day and a half a week. I never refed enough previously and I think a day and a half out of 7 days will make a big difference for me energy wise. Anyone tried Keto this way? How were the energy levels?

Was going to start a log so I don't rape and pillage every Carb out of my diet like last time!

Are you eating the copious amounts of brocolli everyday? if you u will not get into a keto state