• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Huge in a Hurry

Anything saying you'll get huge quickly is probably bs.

To gain you need to eat right, lift heavy and rest.

To gain quickly you need to eat right, lift heavy, rest and take anabolic steroids.

I always thought it was better to lift slow so your muscles get torn more.

I bought the book anyway today because the first 2 chapters I read in borders really hit a chord in me.

Accordingly to the book lifting slow only really fatigues the small muscle fibers.

Lifting heavy and fast is to try and get the mind to kick the larger muscle fibers into to gear, and they only have enough energy for 15 sec bursts.

I will read and try it out and let everyone know.

I don't think you can just say tear fibres and eat protein, everything else is a myth.

How do you tear fibres? How do you know when you have teared fibres? etc etc

Same with post workout soreness. According to the book you don't need to be feeling it to of had a good workout. You can be beaten with a stick and get the same feeling but that doesn't mean your muscles will grow.

Well its been 3 weeks and I have finished the Get Ready program.

And the results:

+2.5kg of Muscle :)

My biceps are much harder with no bicep curls
My forearms feel harder too with no forearm curls
My serratus anterior are more defined
My lower abb fat is shrinking with no cardio or situps

Sofar so good.

Next is the 16 week Get Huge plan

I will tell you the Get Ready Plan which only last 3 weeks. If you like the results then by the book because it will be unfair to Chad to put his book up on a forum.

Unlike other authors, Chad does not push any particular brand of creatine or protein in the book. This was one of the factors that increased my trust level to actually by the book.

Not to go to detailed into the diet, since I actually did not change mine much at all. I only added low fat Cottage Cheese, almonds, dark chocolate (even though the book doesn't say anything about chocolate) and natural rasins.

Basically its staple body building diet stuff except:
a) Eat plenty carbs as soon as you wake up (this is an acceptable time to eat lots of carbs)
b) Really on take protein shake before/after a workout. Anymore and really you are only making supplement compainies happy
c) Eat rasins after a workout to boost insulin to help the muscles draw in protein.
d) have some protein every 3 hours while awake buy eating cottage cheese and nuts like almonds
e) creatine optional (I used it)
f) lots of green tea

Thats basically the most notable stuff in terms of diet. I had a black coffee or NO before a workout as well. Buy the book for more indepth discussion and anything I might of missed.

As for the 3 week get ready plan.

1. 3 different whole of body routines consisting of 1 push, 1 pull and 1 lower body excercise.
2. 48 hours rest between days of training.
3. 1 heavy day, 1 medium day, 1 light day

I also did one session of martial arts and bag work (with some extra chin ups and dips) on what would be the forth day. However this was added by me and is not part of the Get Ready Plan

more details to come soon.

Rule to lift by.

1. As fast as you can!

2. No concentrating on negative reps (although make sure you lower weight safetly)

3. In a circuit if you can (I did but Chad understands that its hard to do in a busy gym) eg ex1 rest ex2 rest ex3 rest ex1 rest ....

I personally did it as a circuit

4. Stop the rep as soon as you notice that your speed decreases

Acutal routine coming soon.

Remember if this works for you then buy the book. I wan't be placing anymore routines / plans from the book as that be unfair to the author

Workout A: HEAVY: 4-6 reps: 25 reps each in total: 45 seconds rest
(I aimed for approx 5 sets of 5 reps)
EX1. Cable standing mid pulley row (I did Bent-over Barbell rows because no mid pully machine at my house)
EX2. Dip or dumbell decline bench with neutral grip (I actually did dips but in between 2 benchs with weights on my thighs and not at a dip station)
EX3. Dumbell split squat -> one leg at a time for specified reps (start with weaker side, and do same amount of reps on stronger side)

Workout B: MEDIUM: 10-12 reps: 35 reps each in total: 60 seconds rest
(I aimed for approx sets of 12, 12, 11 reps)
EX1. Underhand grip lat pull down
EX2. dumbell standing, palms facing each other shoulder press
EX3. Deadlift

Workout C: LIGHT: 20-22 reps: 50 reps each in total: 90 seconds rest
(I aimed for approx sets of 20, 20, 10 reps)
EX1. Cable standing low-pulley row with rope attachment
EX2. Push ups
EX3. Ass to the floor squats (I only used 20Kg in total)

I Tried to increase the weight a little each week.

The book has nice photos and instructions.