• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Huge in a Hurry

So give it a try and if it works.

Please suport the author and buy or at least borrow the book.

I will report my further progress. I'd like to hear peoples results on this thread. I hope it works out for you too.

There is a get Strong and a Get even stronger program. But the prerequisites are Get Ready program.

I will be doing the Get Huge program starting monday. It lasts for 16 weeks.

Hey,

This program seems to make sense from the links you posted. I think i'll give those pinciples a try (lift fast, stop when u slow down etc) if i find the book i might pick it up. Other than the lift fast thing it doesn't seem like its "re-writing" to many basic body building rules tho.

please keep us posted

Yeah if the 3 week get ready program works out for you, then the book has many other programs. I have started the get huge program.

Is 4 weeks of 3 different sessions, Heavy, Medium, Heavy that consist of 4 excercises each.

Then there is 1 week of unloading, light and medium sessions.

Then another 4 weeks of 3 different sessions, Heavy, Medium, Heavy that consist of 4 excercises each but different from the first 4 weeks.

Then a different 1 week of unloading etc

Basically it good to stop you from getting injured or reaching for anti-inflams.
And its good that its varied so you get good balance and won't get bored as easy.

I found the book and looked through it. Despite the fact it had "Mens Health" on the front and all the "get huge fast" claims I decided to shell out for it. I read the first chapters and all the theory about why lifting heavy and fast rather than slow and controlled was convincing.

Almost finished the get ready program and the workouts feel great You feel more energized doing the whole body workouts. The diet advice seemed really good too. Can't wait to get into the get big programs and beyond.

Hi TonyH,

Yeah I was the same. I saw menshealth which I hate there programs, and I saw all the pictures we seem at first like useless filler. But the 1st few chapters I read where very convincing. Alot of what he says fits in as well with cross-fit and Bruce Lee's the art of expressing the human body book that I read beforehand.

I am about to do the 3rd workout for week 3 of Get Huge and I weighed myself this morning at +3 Kg after already gaining 2.5kg in the get ready program. So after 6 weeks I am + 5.5kg.

Sofar so good. My legs are getting bigger without getting super sore and nowhere as in when I used to do heavy and slow and heaps of excersises.

I will be starting bike ridding next week. Its not recommended by the program for get big. Hmm better start eating way more.

just finished week 7 of get big phase. All together with the get ready program I have just completed 10 weeks.

I started out at 80 kg and now I weigh 88 kg

Now the real question... Forget you read the book, if you ate yourself silly, slept 10 hours a night and killed yourself in the gym... would you have gained the same, it would probably be pretty close in my opinion.

EDIT: Congrats though, 8kgs is 8kgs :)

At Woolworth's, they sell Raisins and sultanas right next to each other. I don't think there is much difference.

The book recommends natural raisins, which cost extra but have not used pesticides in growing them.

8kg's in 10 weeks? Are you talking lean muscle mass here or just mass in general? I don't believe you can put on 8kg's of lean muscle mass in 10 weeks at all.

image001.jpg

Why isn't he "Huge in a Hurry"? Doesn't take his own advice?

image001.jpg

Why isn't he "Huge in a Hurry"? Doesn't take his own advice?

A photo can be deceptive. His forearms look quite big. I think if you saw him in person it be a different story. Also the book is not just about getting huge in a hurry. Its more about strength with other desirable side side effects.