• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I have troubles working my legs

PowerPagan

I have troubles working my legs. Ive been running since I was 16 years old (Im 32 now) and Squats create a bubbly, creaking sound..... a mix of bubble wrap and velcro.... in my knees. I dont feel it, but the sound is enough to put me off unless I have music up loud enough not to hear it.
Working my hams is fine, I dont mind it. But doing my quads.... well if I can find any excuse not to....
Leg extentions are better, but tend to crush my hams in the process and can be quite painful dispite adding extra padding under my legs.
My morning runs involve a 1.5km hill sprint, followed by a further 6kms of up and down hills about 45 mins in total. My legs are kinda skinny.

WHile you do all that running they will probably remain skinny. I'm not sure what's causing the noises but you could use some glucosamine and fish oil to help lubricate the joint. Get it checked out by a Sport's Doctor if need be but you gotta squat for big legs.

I am going to spend next winter building my legs, Im focused on getting ripped for summer ATM. :)
I do work my legs, twice a week. I just HATE it with a passion. :p
Im gonna eat for fat loss during spring, and eat for muscle gain during autum and winter. I'll cut back my running to a couple of days a week, instead of 7 days.

Dunno, seems your priorities are mixed up. No use being ripped if you have toothpick legs. Don't wait for winter just build those damn legs ASAP.

I don't think there's a person alive that enjoys training legs.

I'm loving it so far, also had some knee noises, but found a decent little warm up stops it. I should really have shocking knees, I was goalie for QLD Ice hockey and played in net for 7 years. But am finding good form, stretching and warm ups are key.

I'm mentally weak leading up to leg day, but once the workout has started, it's ok, and the results are good.

Have you tried a bike? Riding builds big leg muscles.

I LOVE bike riding and a quick work out ride invariably turns into a 7 hour adventure. :)
Unfortunately I broke the back axle last year and havent gotten around to buying a new bike..... maybe for Xmas? hehehe