• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ideas & Suggestions for me

peanutz

Hey all

At the moment, I'm on 1-3 shakes (Promatrix Wicked Whey WPI Chocolate), and being vegetarian i take flax, iron and a womens multi. I am also starting up on l-glutamine.

My diet is pretty good, my training schedule is 3 x gym sessions with my trainer (who thrashes me to the point of crawling) and i work out on non-training days by swimming, walking, doing weights etc. My goal short term goal (end of September) is to be 8 kg down (very slow weight loss so far) and exponentially healthier and stronger. Building muscle and gaining definition is what i'm after, with the fat loss being a natural consequence of increased strength.

Is there anything else that you guys would suggest from a supplement perspective to aid in my quest?

<3

Fat loss is a consequence of smaller serving sizes.

But good for you for having a crack, all the best.

I like the idea of you wanting to slowly lose weight, that's healthy.
Don't contemplate supplements.
If you desire the need to build muscle then minimize your non-resistance work, focus on barbell training 3 times a week with you intensity of work at 100%.

XwifeX, listen to Andy, he knows what he's talking about.

What you are taking now is sufficient.

dont believe the hype...about supplements

supplement companies are all about making money...it is a business. In every gym you will find product fanboys and suplementeers pushing their products into the ears of product whisperers.

Amino's like glutamine are just pre-digested proteins. It will aid in recovery but so will a protein smoothy with some banannas and berries etc.

Make sure you are eating enough...most people dont eat enough and dont even know it. Once you are sure of that ... then you can cut down calories.

Also be aware that you are after a lifestyle change and not a quick 12 week fix.

You pay your trainer by the hour..you might get good results in 12 sessions, but then afterward when you yoyo, they wont mind next summer when you pay them for another 12 sessions. Just keep in mind that you want to change your lifestyle. In many ways losing weight does change your life...you look good, feel good, eat better etc

Last edited: