• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

If you only could do ONE exercise for each muscle, what would that be?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
As the title says, you can only choose one exercise for each muscle/muscle group. What would that be?
Delts Chest Quads Abs Back quads Glutes Biceps Triceps Lats Back ?

Really you would only need to do four exercises in total.

Press, bench press, dead lift, squat, everything else is just filling in time. May be add some ab crunches.

I would say if you can dead lift, press and bench decent weight your arms will be strong.

Add some curls if you must, but not essential.

Benching and pressing takes care of triceps.

I would say if I can dead lift, press and bench decent weight i arms will be strong.

Add some curls if I must, but not essential.

Everyone is not like you, cookie cut programs aren't always the way.

I would say if you can dead lift, press and bench decent weight your arms will be strong.

Add some curls if you must, but not essential.

Lets have a look at this Mick
Benching also involves the shoulders, so by that reasoning there's no need for standing presses for the shoulders.

Deadlifts also involve the legs, so by the same reasoning there's no need for squats

Squats also involve the back, so again by your reasoning there's no need for deadlifts.

Do you see what I mean Mick?

I've yet to see anyone develop big muscular arms from just dead lifting or benching.
The biceps and triceps are their own muscle group just like any other and should be treated as such, from full extension to full contraction.

Last edited:
As the title says, you can only choose one exercise for each muscle/muscle group. What would that be?

Delts- Farmers walks
Chest- Bench Press
Quads- Front squats
Abs- Deadlifts
Back- Pendlay Rows
Hams- Stiff Leg deadlifts
Glutes- Back squats
Biceps- Chinups
Triceps- Military & Push Press
Lats- Pullups
Back- Rows again...lol

?

You mentioned quads and back twice...so I added hams...

[MENTION=9039]D1cko[/MENTION]; Abs - Deadlifts......lol

while i fully agree your abs/core get a great workout if you deadlift properly it is not the exercises intended purpose, so cheating a little bit ansering the question this way, but i like it.....

Delts - Lateral Raises
Chest - Bench Press
Quads - Squats
Abs - Crunchers
Back - Bent over rows
Glutes - SLDL
Biceps - Barbell curls
Triceps - French press
Lats - Pull-ups

Burpees. They require the use of all muscles. Add a weight vest and it's a serious workout for legs, chest, shoulders tris, back, etc.

Delts- Facepulls
Chest- Bench Press
Quads- Front squats
Abs- Hanging Leg Raise
Back- Pendlay Rows
Hams - Stiff Leg deadlifts
Glutes- Back squats
Biceps- BB Curls
Triceps- Military Press
Lats- Pullups

I've yet to see anyone develop big muscular arms from just dead lifting or benching.
The biceps and triceps are their own muscle group just like any other and should be treated as such, from full extension to full contraction.

I've come to that conclusion myself after seeing my arm size lag behind the rest of the body from only doing compound lifts for the past 2 years. Now I have ti start brocurling arm parties on Fridays like the rest of 'em.

Delts- Arnie Press
Chest- Weighted Dips
Quads-
Lunges
Abs-
Planks
Back-
Chins
Hams-
Stiff Leg deadlifts
Glutes-
Sprints
Biceps-
BB curl
Triceps-
Tricep Pushdowns
Lats-
Chins
Back-
Chins

Lets have a look at this Mick
Benching also involves the shoulders, so by that reasoning there's no need for standing presses for the shoulders.

Deadlifts also involve the legs, so by the same reasoning there's no need for squats

Squats also involve the back, so again by your reasoning there's no need for deadlifts.

Hence them being called compound exercises....

Your opinion, I believe that the big compound lifts will cover it, anyone that can pull 500lb will have decent arms.