• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Im a rookie!! Diet and workout help

bulldog

Hey all, been reading over the different threads and posts but still pretty confused about how to go about the next phase of my so called 'transformation'.

I am 190cm and 82kg's.. March this year i was 70kg's. I dont know if i have gained the right way or not, but its done now and im happy with being able to gain weight using a healthy diet.. My whole family is tall and thin so putting on the weight has been very tough..

I gained this weight soley through my diet. So i wasnt hitting the weights. I was still playing high level sport, was pretty stoked gaining good weight while still doing alot of cardio. No more sport until the new year though

Now my confusion starts here. Have joined the gym a couple of weeks ago and just getting my body used to working out..

My aim is to be 85kg and turning all this weight ive gained into muscle..

I dont need people slamming my diet, it worked, and thats a fact. Just need tips on how i should adjust the diet so get to my aim, and tips on how i should work out.

Diet is as follows

7am- Blended apple, banana, orange, 1 cup of oats, 200ml of full cream milk

10am- 95g tuna on 2 pieces wholemeal bread with an uncle tobys breakfast bar

12:30pm- Lunch will always consist of chicken and some salad in a wholemeal sandwich. With an Up & Go. Mutli vitamin

3:00pm- 2 peices wholemeal bread with natural peanut butter on it.

Snack on almonds after lunch until i leave work at 4:30

5:30pm- Bowl of rice and chicken

7:30- mums cooking

9:00- Musashi bulk protein shake, 4 scoops (60g?? cant remember)

9:30- some ice cream

Any help would be very much appreciated. Cheers

And straight after working out im also eating rice and chicken with a protein shake (horleys crossfire). No set gym workout yet, as i said just getting the body used to it so far.

What's your question?

P.S - Musashi and Horelys burn hole in wallets. Buy unbranded bulk protein.
That's my tip.

'Just need tips on how i should adjust the diet to get to my aim, and tips on how i should work out'

Need some tips on how i should be lifting. and since i dont wanna be gaining loads more kg's, should i be adjusting my diet?

Ive never lifted weights before. So im going in there pretty blinded.. Got all this excess weight on my upper body now (compared to what i used to have, im still a skinny pri*k). So just not sure what i should be focusing on..

Your diet looks okay in my opinion. Maybe add some pasta at lunch and have some eggs at breakfast.

Fat does not turn into muscle.
Do one or the other, build muscle or loose fat.

Cheers shrek, Yeah i dont drink anything else but water.. and i dont touch any junk food either..

Ill check out the routine thanks for that..

2 totally different cell types...

Like turning shit into gold.

So being a very skinny guy. What do you think would be the best way to attack this then?? I wanna gain muscle and lose the fat without losing any weight of course.

Now I'm even more confused
Posted via Mobile Device

Fat is fat muscle is muscle...

To grow you need surplus calories to loose you need minus calories..

In the long run you need the extra muscle to be able to loose fat and not end up getting at form eating only a carrot a day.

**** your weight its a number who gives a shit about it.

Grow muscle and go by feel/strength...

Fat is fat muscle is muscle...

To grow you need surplus calories to loose you need minus calories..

In the long run you need the extra muscle to be able to loose fat and not end up getting at form eating only a carrot a day.

**** your weight its a number who gives a shit about it.

Grow muscle and go by feel/strength...

Cheers for the helpful replies!!

Yeah ok I will not worry about my weight, just need to know feel the strength. So do I still go lift the heavy weights? Or am I trying to lose the fat somehow??
Posted via Mobile Device

What makes you think you can not lose fat from lifting weights? You burn about 500 calories in a real weight session plus you increase your metabolism afterwards for hours. So if you were eating just enough calories to keep your bodyweight stable and added weight training you would lose fat.

Do you see where I am going?

It is all about calorie intake and expenditure. The difference with weight training to aerobic training is you will tell your body to make muscle not get rid of it, and you get that increased metabolism after weight training which you do not get from aerobic training.

Since you are naturally skinny you will probably find if you eat similar to you are now (since you have been putting on weight) and lift hard and heavy 3 to 4 times a week you will put on a fair bit of muscle and probably lose a little flab in the beginning.

Dont worry about the actual numbers, you will look bigger at 85kg with muscle size/definition than you will at 90 and no muscle at all.

Shrek has lost 15kg while cutting and he said he looks bigger than ever.

Get lifting brother!

Yeah dave i see where your coming.. Starting to understand it now..
I will lift hard 3 to 4 times a week and keep my same diet and hopefully ill see some results in a couple of months or so..

Eaglebay, yeah i honestly cant wait to be 85kg with muscle size/definition. I can just imagine the difference its going to be compared to what i am now.. Time to take the before shot i think

Could someone recomend protein for after the gym?? Obviously taking in my aim and circumstances. Cheers

You could try your diet and the weights and see how you go,

but in all honesty I would get rid of most of ur carbs, keep the oats and piece of fruit in the morning and the rest just have vegetables, or fruit before and after training,

eat your lean proteins such as steak, chicken, tuna, fish etc
have enough dietary fat from nuts, fishoil, olive oil

for after training a good whey protein such as Optimum Nutrition works well, just ensure to have a proper meal with enough protein after 30-60 mins of training,

eating like that and doing a fully body routine 3 x a week will ensure that your body composition changes,

:)