• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Improve Ausbb

I would probably just have,

Beginners
Lifting
Cardio
Nutrition
Training journals
General blather

something like that would be ok, it would mean they have to re-name and re-shuffle a lot of the sections though, im just suggesting adding one subforum which would be easier but a split like that would work well too.

Get the name out there with caps, shirts and shakers to start with. Also get a shop front on it with supps etc... I suspect these have already been mentioned a few times already. I always think the best way to spread the work is to have merchandise so that people can walk around with it, not a new concept.

Have been looking at this idea , just need to find a cheap enough supplier to do it, if you know of any suppliers that have good prices let us know

It's the same kettle of fish, Mikey. Don't be a big girl's blouse :p

Not sure why I'm a girls blouse.

There seem to be some conflict between those that want to Bodybuild and those that want to gain strength.
I think there is a big difference as a weight lifter can lift lots, while a BB looks like he can lift lots.;)

I say leave it.The forum is called
AUSTRALIAN BODYBUILDING.
Of course lifters etc. are welcome but I`d like to see it remain BB focused.
Maybe a link to a lifting forum (Markos` forum perhaps).

I say leave it.The forum is called
AUSTRALIAN BODYBUILDING.
Of course lifters etc. are welcome but I`d like to see it remain BB focused.
Maybe a link to a lifting forum (Markos` forum perhaps).

so why does it have sections for cycling, jogging and martial arts then? i say expand and aim for world wide domination

why does an Australian Bodybuilding site have cycling, jogging and martial arts ?

When ausbb was formed the intention was for it to be a site of Australian BodyBuilding, but we also had general fitness in mind. To help promote a more healthy lifestyle for all. While cycling, jogging and martial arts might not get much traffic at the moment we are working on the theory that "if you build it they will come" so for the time being the sections will remain

We do want Ausbb to continue with its growth so in the future more subforums might be added but at the same time we don't want it to get too crowded with all the little subforums

At the end of the day Ausbb is your site , you the members decide on the future of ausbb what other sections get added depends on the topics that get discussed. Me being the admin i am just the one that pays the bills and does the upkeep of the site

we are working on the theory that "if you build it they will come" so for the time being the sections will remain

which is why i think a strength section would be be great since there are so many forum members interested in it. no need to wait for them to come, they are already here lol

the members have spoken due to popular demand Powerlifting/Strength Training Forum has now been added for the discussion of all aspects of Powerlifting, Advanced Strength Training and Power Meets

so why does it have sections for cycling, jogging and martial arts then? i say expand and aim for world wide domination

Good question.Those forums are pretty dead.
But,as i see the extra sub forum has been added so I hope it does well.

hey Admin bro can an online chat section be added in for people who are online on the forum at any time to talk??

Zarkov, I think having the strength sub forum is good as we can stop clogging up the BB subforum with the strength stuff. I know some people don't really like all of the strength stuff.

Zarkov, I think having the strength sub forum is good as we can stop clogging up the BB subforum with the strength stuff. I know some people don't really like all of the strength stuff.

Don`t get me wrong,I like it too.I just prefer simple forums with as few subs as possible.That`s juts me though,I`m more than happy to go with the flow.
Mob rules!

Katie's random thought of the day: having a separate comp section? For competitors to talk about results of contests, comp prep, last week prep, etc.

The size tag should be allowed in sigs. I realise why it wouldn't be, lest people spam us with enormous signatures, same as putting images in it. But some of us might want to make it smaller. I'd rather see...

Infantry 8y, chef 8y, now studying Cert III Fitness. Trained 93-96, 09 Jan to now.
1.78m, 78.6kg @16%BF. Now/Goal by 2009-11-20: 5RMs: Squat 70/110kg, Bench 80/90kg, Row 80/90kg, Press 50/60kg, DL 100/150kg; 380/500kg

much less clutter.

So we could have the size tags, but just have a rule that no-one except site advertisers can have sigs with large fonts.

The same goes for the number of lines and characters. More than 4 lines and 300 characters should be alright if the size is small.

The other part about the number of characters is that while obviously we don't want whole messages in sigs, right now it counts everything, so if you wanted to include a link...

For example, the link to my training journal,

http://ausbb.com/member-training-diaries/9372-half-tonne-bust.html

in combination with the (url=)(url) is going to be 77 characters by itself, but might only look like,

this

and so not really be a lot of clutter on people's screens...

Thanks for that kyle , we will see what we can do to fix it up for you , shouldn't be too much hassle to do

keep em coming guys and girls

-edit-
ok fixed up , character limit is now 400 with 6 lines available and font size added to signatures too with the max being size which is this big or size 1 this big

Haven't looked through all the suggestions, but how about restricting new users from posting anything until at least a week has passed..
I know I ask stupid questions too, but every week I'm seeing the same questions over and over.. Usually related to the unimportant stuff, like protein powder suggestions, etc..

Would be good to let people join, point them to a few stickies, then once they've had a good look around, they can open their own thread..

Haven't looked through all the suggestions, but how about restricting new users from posting anything until at least a week has passed..
I know I ask stupid questions too, but every week I'm seeing the same questions over and over.. Usually related to the unimportant stuff, like protein powder suggestions, etc..

Would be good to let people join, point them to a few stickies, then once they've had a good look around, they can open their own thread..

in the past i did think of that, but then i thought about my own usage on forums that have restrictions like that 9 times out of 10 i wont return to the site i will just continue on

the same questions getting asked is just the nature of forums

What about a BMI calculator, calorie/ protein counter etc...maybe a link somewhere?