• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Impulse Power Rack

I

Ionos

Anyone got any experiences with this, quality etc?

Specifically this one - Welcome to the Impulse Group's site!

Workout World has a package for $1520 with the rack, barbell, ~108kg weights, weightstand, 6sqm of matting, FID bench. Seems like a pretty good deal but can't find much in terms of reviews of the rack itself.

What sort of bar and weights? Standard or Olympic? Go and spook at the rack in person. Hard to tell how solid it is from the picture.

What sort of bar and weights? Standard or Olympic? Go and spook at the rack in person. Hard to tell how solid it is from the picture.

Olympic bar & rubberised weights as per here and here.

Only other rack I can compare against is the commercial one at my gym, and it's obviously not as solid as that. Certainly has a bit of 'wiggle' in it, not sure if that's normal for a home rack or not.

Last edited:
No worries appreciate the thoughts, I'll take another look today to get a better feel for how solid it is.

Looks good in pic, the bar hooks look good, the dip attachment look a little skinny.
the gauge of the steel in the SHS will determine how much flex it will have (or wobble)
You'll find that if it's not assembled / tightened properly in the showroom will wobble

I always have found workout world to have their prices jacked compared to other places but if that is the brand rack you want and if they are the only ones who stock it, go for it

Looks like it will be solid but it only looks like a cad picture to me.
How much weight can it actually support?

Have you looked at the gymdirect stuff? Packages there for similar prices with freight

Well I went back and had a second look, seemed solid enough, couldnt' give it a really good try out though as I'm still healing a broken collarbone. The store staff couldn't tell me jack about what weight it was rated to etc. :eek:

Yeah I've emailed Gymdirect about their gear which also looks pretty good, haven't heard back so I guess they are on Xmas break still.

No urgency as I've got another month before I can do any lifting still! Was only considering the Workout world gear since it was on sale.

Friend owns something similiar but his made out of some plastic, looks the same to me it holds 180-200kg max, at first I thought the plastic hooks woulda snapped but nope. You can check out iron edge im sure they got sales going on or gymdirect which I walked into today and saw a rack and set think 1200+ or I could be wrong but you can't go wrong either way.

Update on this, I decided against the impulse rack and ended up ordering a ForceUSA Package from Gym&Fitness - was the best deal. Little pricier then the Workout World package, but came with the lat pulldown attachment and from the reviews I've read the quality seems good.

Hopefully will receive it within the next week, and the docs just cleared me to start lifting again too! :cool: