• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Intermittent Fasting

I have done IF for 3 weeks, this is my 4th but I have caught the cold and gotton sick.

Fast for approx 16 hours, break the fast at 12pm (ish)

Eat second meal at 3pm

WOrkout

PWO shake @ 830

meal @ 930

My thoughts:

Best thing about IF is there is no cravings to cheat. As you discipline yourself to not eat until you fasted for said hours

I do feel slimmer/flatter against the stomach

I train 3 hours a night 4 times a week and no loss of energy/stamina!

I am drinking 2 x piccalo's around 2pm for the energy hit though as I am on prety low carbs - 70ish grams daily..

I drink 3-4 cups of green tea in the morning also!

I couldn't stop myself eating on IF. I was eating more and more each week and had to stop.

I'm sure IF would work great for people that don't have a bottomless pit such as myself.

Been there done that back to the normal 3 meals a day breakfast, lunch, dinner and eating when I feel.

Last edited:
I couldn't stop myself eating on IF. I was eating more and more each week and had to stop.

I'm sure IF would work great for people that don't have a bottomless pit such as myself.

Been there done that back to the normal 3 meals a day breakfast, lunch, dinner and eating when I feel.

IF allows you to have the same amount of calories spread over 2 meals rather than 3 +. So slightly bigger meals.

Nothing about it suggests that you can eat as much as possible for 2 meals. In this scenario you are no different to anyone. IF would fail for everyone if we ate as much as we could. You still need self discipline for any diet to work.

so everyone here does the daily skipping breakfast IF thing?

dont see much about the full daily fasts, 6/1 or 5/2 - 1 or 2 days a week with 500/600 cals on those days and no limits whatsoever on the other days

IF allows you to have the same amount of calories spread over 2 meals rather than 3 +. So slightly bigger meals.

Nothing about it suggests that you can eat as much as possible for 2 meals. In this scenario you are no different to anyone. IF would fail for everyone if we ate as much as we could. You still need self discipline for any diet to work.

I can control my hunger a lot better without it.

I just found myself craving more and more which wasn't a good thing.

dont see much about the full daily fasts, 6/1 or 5/2 - 1 or 2 days a week with 500/600 cals on those days and no limits whatsoever on the other days

I do a 900-1000 calorie day on a sunday mostly protein shakes.

None of these methods are really superior to any other, or no fasting at all, it's just about what is more convenient to you and helps you adhere to it.

16hrs fast / 8 hrs feast suits me because:
(a) it is easier to get through a morning without getting hungry than a whole day
(b) I am always busy until lunch anyway
(c) it works better socially and professionally, as I don't need to plan fasting around social activities and work functions involving eating
(d) it sets a better example for my children and I am a stronger position when I tell them to eat all their dinner.:p

Wcus6oB

I fast over night and skip nreakfast as i workoit in the arvo. I guess if u workout.in the mormingm u break the fast with breakfast n fast from arvo to the morming?

I fast over night and skip nreakfast as i workoit in the arvo. I guess if u workout.in the mormingm u break the fast with breakfast n fast from arvo to the morming?

you can still skip breakfast if you train in the mornings, I dont eat till lunch time and I train at 5am

i have attempted to do that 1-2 times before. I personally feel that I dont have the stamina, energy to perform a quality workout without some meal..

I rarely eat breakfast and often train at 5-6am.. Never been a problem although sleep quality and duration impact the workout heavily

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I have used LG method for over 2 years and now experimenting with 2 24hr fasts per week and LG method on other days (except for those where I'm up super early and have to have a sleep during the day as I can't sleep when hungry)