• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Iron edge rep challenge results

Of course they wouldn't have won if they had to lift the same as men.
As I said in another post - a few spectators did rough calculations on how many reps they'd get and they would have placed top 3.

If there had been male lifter at the level of any 3 of the girls (2 elite level PLs with x amount of world/nation records and arguably the fittest female in Oz) then there wouldn't be that argument.

I don't know... how about one set of rules for lifters, regardless of gender? We have gender equality in this country, don't we?

Take marathon runners. We don't get the females to run 28km and calling it a marathon, right? We get them to run the full 42km just like the men.

I don't know... how about one set of rules for lifters, regardless of gender? We have gender equality in this country, don't we?

Take marathon runners. We don't get the females to run 28km and calling it a marathon, right? We get them to run the full 42km just like the men.

They also don't compete directly against each other.

Massive difference in the results for the squat, women dominating by far.

Taylor 36
Amy 31
Nina 26
------------
Alen 13
Brian 10
John 9
Pierre 8
Michael 8
Adam 8
Nick 7
Will 1
Wayne 0

For a 50kg lifter for example, a woman has to squat 60kg, but a man has to squat 95kg.
For high reps, that's quite a big difference in weight between the men and women.

Look at the UDLs though - almost a 50 rep advantage to the best male lifter.
I'd look at it more like you would a golf or Stawell gift handicap than being an 'advantage'

In the squat. Darryl would have scored in the mid 20's Max the same. Matt Middleton mentioned he would go close to 40.

None of the guys that competed hold world records let alone national records. The females competing were world class. Either world records or competed at the world level.
What would happen if instead bringing up the percentages for the women, if you brought the mens down to body weight? It would be a non event. The men would absolutely dominate.

The weights were perfectly fair..... as many have mentioned there are a few guys I know who think they could have won but you cant do that watching... The women were better on the day... Next time if a few of the elite level guy lifters lift then im sure it will be more competiive at the top.