• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ironmaster super bench vs gymdirect bench

ok... having just had a good workout / play at my gym to try and figure out what i need, i'm thinking a functional trainer may outweigh the usefulness of dumbells and a dual cable tower, and hence i could put the $1400 they would cost towards a functional trainer like this

Functional Trainer Machine

instead.... (I'm aware of the 2:1 ratio, for seated row can use the connected bar to use both stacks and achieve 90KG, which will do for now)

I was thinking i could replace dumbells shoulder presses, lat raises, one armed rows etc with this machine in general as well as do my cable exercises... thoughts?

Oh, fair enough.

I just assumed from the signs when I walked past going to the RTA today that it was Paul Graham's old equipment.

Oh, fair enough.

I just assumed from the signs when I walked past going to the RTA today that it was Paul Graham's old equipment.

It is Paul Graham's equipment just not from one of his gyms. You wouldn't believe how many P.T Studios and gyms close down or have to refit their equipment every few years due to lease agreements.

Ironmaster bench + cable tower + leg attachments ($1050 ish)

(one remaining concern here, I'm a big guy with wide shoulders... is the 25cm wide bench going to be too narrow for presses, or 'ok' and i'll get a 30cm later?)

What did you decide on here? I'm in the same boat as you... 6'4, bench similar amounts, need a new gym....

Did you consider the bodysolid FID31/71s?

What did you decide on here? I'm in the same boat as you... 6'4, bench similar amounts, need a new gym....

as the plates i want (Kettlebells - Iron Edge Fitness Equipment - Train Smarter) are delayed, i haven't brought this yet, but i'm going to buy the ironmaster, i measured the bench press i use at the gym and it's 25cm wide, a couple extra cm would be nice, but that tells me its enough and i like the flat pad with attachable seat concept.

Only just saw this thread. I have a 25cm wide bench and hate it. It's like benching on a balance beam. It's why I do floor press most of the time.

Also have the commercial MM power rack. It's awesome, takes a beating and I'm glad I got it over any of the lighter models.

as the plates i want (Kettlebells - Iron Edge Fitness Equipment - Train Smarter) are delayed, i haven't brought this yet, but i'm going to buy the ironmaster, i measured the bench press i use at the gym and it's 25cm wide, a couple extra cm would be nice, but that tells me its enough and i like the flat pad with attachable seat concept.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I was so ticked off when I saw they got delayed for another 2 weeks :/

6'3 here, been reading plenty on this forum and i've got orders out atm for an ABC bar (BOP220), 175kg rubber coated weights (from a local store), force-usa power rack (not home and not commercial) and thinking that the additional height + lat pull down attachment on the superbench will make it the way to go for completing my home gym but waiting for some more comments/ thoughts in this thread before i lock it in!

My final order will be one of the following:
1) Super bench + lat attachment + crunch attachment
with ironmaster quickchange dumbbells + add on kit + ironmaster kettlebell handle (all from samsfitness so could get some savings and delivery becomes easier as i only need 1 day off work *perth*)

2) commercial flat bench + stand alone lat pull down station with ironmaster quickchange dumbbells + add on kit + ironmaster kettlebell handle (might get much better quality from this....)

I do ~100kg pull downs and would ideally like the lat pull down to work well with this but its primary use is to keep the partner happy! Its about the only exercise we both do. unless i hear bad things about the superbench think i'll lock that in then put up some pics of the final setup when it all arrives

I decided to go the flat commercial and another separate incline bench for the reason that the expensive incline benches weren't 30cm wide, and I want a 30cm wide bench for the benefit of my shoulders while flat heavy benching. I tried the 25cm and 28cm benches today at a gym and I much preferred the wider bench.

For this reason I'm not shelling out big time on the ironmaster like I planned to - it would fail me as a flat bench. I picked up a second hand gymdirect bench and it will serve for a while for inclines. Although not 1000lb rated, the one I have will hold me + the weight I'll do on inclines for some time.

So fail width on inclilne benches + low dedicated flat bench height (more hip drive) was the reason I've decided to go with 2....