• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is it possible to build muscle AND lose fat at the same time?

Fadi, you and I need to have a serious talk, not right now because I'm going to Europe for 5 weeks, but when I get back.
Your posts inspire me like never before.
You're a gem.

Imagine two cars idling at the traffic light, both cars are burning fuel just sitting there. But the V8 is burning heaps more than the Morris Minor, because its engine is bigger.
That's a bad example, the V8's idle speed would be 50% of the smaller engine :p so fuel usage would be similar at idle :)

Morgan,

Your post made me laugh mate (in a good way). I can see what you are saying, but I can also see what Kyle is saying. Surprise surprise, you are both right in your own right. I hope I was understood.

Fadi.

Fadi, you and I need to have a serious talk, not right now because I'm going to Europe for 5 weeks, but when I get back.
Your posts inspire me like never before.
You're a gem.

Thank you Sir, much appreciated. I'll await your return and wish you a very happy and fruitful holiday my friend.

Fadi.

Hi Fadi and Kyle,

I know how much Fadi likes proverbs so I will retell one that reminds me of myself.

A person who chases many things ends up with none, while a person who chases one thing will get it.

(It was said much better though, I can't remember the original wording)

It's fairly obvious why this proverb screams out "keen katie". Rockclimbing is my 1st love but tied in 2nd place is getting strong, running, and basketball.

I mean, just look at how many things are tied for 2nd place - I can't even decide which is more important to me!! :) They all are!!

My rockclimbing membership expires in 2 weeks time so I'm prepared to focus for 6 months on getting strong before going back to rockclimbing if necessary. Currently I train once a week at SSAS (great for learning about correct lifting technique).

Fadi I'll get back to you once the home gym is up and running. Thank you for your offer of help. In ordinary life I am a docile, placid kind of person, however in the gym I am not afraid to grunt or give it my all. I had a trainer who commented that I was the most determined client he had. If I decide to do something I will stick with it... it's a bit harder when I've decided to improve (as Kyle says) at 4-5 different things to improve at each one!!

Fadi, you can find my immediate goals in my gym journal thread (see signature below), thanks for asking. I lay them out in the first post.

Kyle, like you, I know where my strength lies and where my weakness is also. When it comes to the 5km run, I'm a virgin I'm afraid. However if you want to break through some barriers in the gym arena, then you're going to have to basically set up camp there.

I'm talking about frequency. There's no way around it. Period. Take the leg press for example; I'll give you two scenarios where an improvement can occur:

1. If I was to suddenly pop into your gym and ask you to do a 1RM for me, I can guarantee you right here and right now in writing that your previous best would be wiped out by no less than 50kg. Don't be surprised and never underestimate what the adrenaline hormone can do when it's released like you've never known it to have been released before.

2. You've got to find out your 1RM on that leg press (or bench etc) and work no less than 4 or 5 times a week based on percentages. You'd be shocked how quick your strength would jump up. It will NOT be a gradual increase in strength but a sudden jolt that is nothing short of lightning.

So if you're interested, we can pursue with a plan. I'm here for you mate. And I do NOT bail out for no reason. Never forget that kyle.

Fadi.

Katie, I have no idea how I missed your post, sorry Champ. You have really summed it up with that proverb, well done.

I've got an idea that might just work Katie: since your first love is Rock-climbing, how about doing or giving your first love a present that you have never giving it before in your young life. Do you know what that is Katie?

It's strength and power, that's what. Your first love is CRAVING nothing less than to show you to what height it will make you soar if you only but give it a chance. So beautiful Katie; are you willing to give your love a chance to grow and prosper in order to carry you underneath its most powerful wings?

If you've answered YES to the above plea, then I say you're on your way to be the best that you've never been before. So go on Mis Powerhouse, surprise yourself and us as well. A decision would have to be made.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Fadi why are you still up at 2am? Why aren't you getting to sleep and letting your body rest and recover?
(says the girl who was up until 12:15am engrossed in a good book)

The answer is yes - I will take 6 months off rockclimbing and come back stronger than ever.

Thank you for following me along my journey to being a strong woman!

Aah, I remember the proverb that reminds me of myself now.

If you chase two rabbits, both will escape.

I have stopped going rockclimbing now (put my membership on hold). It does feel pretty good not to be exercising 6 days a week (often twice a day, by my previous schedule). I am just doing my usual 3-4 days of weights with rest days in between (rest days!! such a foreign concept to me, lol)