• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is this a good power rack?

YoHoJo

I found this I was thinking of buying a bench and an olympic bar with 200kg of weight and some cable attachments

Is it a good strong cage? I know I'm only a beginner but I would rather spend the money now and not having to upgrade everything later

I have seen reviews on mm racks and gym direct but haven't heard much about cyberfit

Is it possible to get there commercial rack and have a high low pulley? And should I get the bench through them or somewhere else?

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with it I bought it and got no complaints. The chin up bar has changed to the one in that pic and is a much better design, also has band pegs.

For $1250 delivered to the Gold Coast I got rack, bar, commercial flat bench, 8x 20kg plates, 2x 10kg, 2x 5kg, 2x 2.5kg, 2 x 1.25kg. Heaps cheaper then any other deals I could negotiate.

Everyone on here says buy a commercial MM but I have no idea where you would fit it, they are massive and serious overkill for a home lifter. Alot of commercial gyms don't even have the commercial racks.The cyberfit rack has a decent sized footprint but doesnt have the massive outriggers you see on the mm or force commercial rack.

Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding - View Single Post - Show us your Home Gym

Here is a link to a photo I posted in the home gym thread. I didn't get the pulley attachment and I think they are crap on any rack. Just buy a home gym of gumtree if you want the pulley setup you see them everyday for under a $100.

Thanks, I thought It looked sturdy enough I will check out your setup, the main reason I wanted the pulley is for tricep pulldown and seated cable row amongst other stuff do you think it's unnecessary? I'm only a beginner so I'm not too sure the plan was to follow the beginners program here with some more work on chest and back

I emailed them and with that rack, pulley, bar, 200kg weights, and some ropes v bar it was around 1400 pickup I live in Sydney so that's all good, good price?

It's good that it isn't as big as the Mm or force one

I was wondering where about your mats you've got there. Can you deadlift and drop on them?

Hey mate I got them off cyberfit in the original order as part of the package. All the online gym suppliers sell them they are just 15mm 1x1m rubber mats. I drop deads on them, in a controlled fashion but I don't think it is doing the bar any favours.

Probably wanna build a platform if your deads go over 200kg or buy a few bumpers.

Thanks, I thought It looked sturdy enough I will check out your setup, the main reason I wanted the pulley is for tricep pulldown and seated cable row amongst other stuff do you think it's unnecessary? I'm only a beginner so I'm not too sure the plan was to follow the beginners program here with some more work on chest and back

I emailed them and with that rack, pulley, bar, 200kg weights, and some ropes v bar it was around 1400 pickup I live in Sydney so that's all good, good price?

It's good that it isn't as big as the Mm or force one

I know beginners get hung up on cable work but far barbell exercises are far superior.

Cable row do bent over orr pendlay rows
cable pull downs do skull crushers and close grip bench press
TBH I think the only decent cable exercise is the tricep pull down but you can substiute other exercises no probs.

Thanks yeah I just like tricep pulldown too, it will be cheaper without it but I kinda want it so im not sure atm

How do you like your flat bench? I was thinking of a getting one to do both flat and incline work

Thanks yeah I just like tricep pulldown too, it will be cheaper without it but I kinda want it so im not sure atm

How do you like your flat bench? I was thinking of a getting one to do both flat and incline work

If you get it let me know what the pulley is like.

I like the flat bench, but I hate trying to flat bench on adjustable benches. The gap in the middle just annoys the piss out of me.

Personally I just overhead press and bench so don't really see the need for it. Going to run a sheiko programme soon that has incline benching in it and I will just substitute for pressing. I can see thevalue in the incline bench I just don't think it makes a great flat bench.

I will at this stage it will take around 10-11 weeks to get the cash, I had it sorted then tafe and rego decided they wanted to get paid together ohh well

That makes a lot of sense I might have to look around and read review as to which flat incline bench is the most comfortable, the gap is annoying

Also how has the chin up bar changed? The photo you showed me looks the same as the one off of the site, I could be wrong I only had a quick look at work, nice setup btw

In the photo i looked at on the link it just showed the cambered bar between the uprights, the one I have comes forward a 150mm and has the grips for hammer style pull ups if that makes sense.

Yeah mate thats the same, the first photo showing the pulley shows the old type pull up bar.

Make sure you get the 28mm bar the higher rated bar is a 31mm & the thicker bars suck to use. It's the same as any cheapy bar I've used in gyms over the years. I suspect I will bend it before long but my dead is getting around 200kg and I am doing heavy rack pulls so it's bound to happen.

The bars are only $85 so I am not too fussed about bending it at that price I consider them a disposable item. Prob upgrade to an ABC or texas after I bend another cheapie.

One thing that was annoying was the hex screws at the end kept coming out but I fixed it by putting some locktite on the screw and it hasn't come loose since.

Probably should mention the dip attachment isn't great but I don't rate the one I've used on force racks either. They just never seem as nice as a dip station I tend to hit my head on the top cross bar or if I set it lower I have keep my legs bent behind me. I think it would be the same with any rack mounted dip bars.

31 mm would be a pain to hold, I have never used one though

How tall are you? I'm 183, I didn't think about hitting the top doing dips i suppose there isn't much you can do about it, I always keep my legs bent behind me anyway, are the dip bars sturdy or do the rattle a bit?

Haha loctite fixes everything

31 mm would be a pain to hold, I have never used one though

How tall are you? I'm 183, I didn't think about hitting the top doing dips i suppose there isn't much you can do about it, I always keep my legs bent behind me anyway, are the dip bars sturdy or do the rattle a bit?

Haha loctite fixes everything

Dip bars are as solid as a rock but I dip with the bars outside the cage so to stop the cage wobbling cause the weight is on the outside of the foot print I just dynabolted it to the garage floor solid as a rock now. I'm 172 so yeah short arse.

The 31mm bars just don't feel right I can't convey to you how much I hate them.