• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

isolating and building my left lat

CaT_SPeW

extra crispy
ive just noticed that my left lat is quite under developed compared to my right side. apart from switching to a creatine/protein supplement that targets the left side of the body directly what are some good exercises i could do? im thinking 1 arm dumbbell rows and maybe 1 arm pulldowns? something with dumbbells would be good as i could do it inside while watching TV each night

Unless your a pro body builder (for all I know you are) you should just keep training. Unless it's really freaky looking, everybody has body parts that are better than their counterpart. Look at Jay cutler, you can tell he is right handed!!

ive just noticed that my left lat is quite under developed compared to my right side. apart from switching to a creatine/protein supplement that targets the left side of the body directly what are some good exercises i could do? im thinking 1 arm dumbbell rows and maybe 1 arm pulldowns? something with dumbbells would be good as i could do it inside while watching TV each night

You're on the right track with the supplements, just make sure to tilt your body to the left a few seconds after ingesting. Hold the pose for between 60-90 seconds and it should hit the left lat quite well.

Fuq the dumbbells, bring the barbell in, park it in front of the telly, load 60 on the left side, 10 on the right and do bent rows every time you hear Daryl Somers say something funny. You'll be a symmetrical beast soon enough. Patience is the key.

When you train, make your first two or three back exercises unilateral, like a dumbell row, and do it with the underdeveloped side first. However many reps you get on that side, only do that many with the right. They'll even up.

You're on the right track with the supplements, just make sure to tilt your body to the left a few seconds after ingesting. Hold the pose for between 60-90 seconds and it should hit the left lat quite well.

Fuq the dumbbells, bring the barbell in, park it in front of the telly, load 60 on the left side, 10 on the right and do bent rows every time you hear Daryl Somers say something funny. You'll be a symmetrical beast soon enough. Patience is the key.

LOL
synthol injections?

hyjak I have a similar problem sort of. I'm narky and notice a small difference. But that's cause I broke my collar bone and that shortened the width of my shoulders.

Unless your a pro body builder (for all I know you are) you should just keep training. Unless it's really freaky looking, everybody has body parts that are better than their counterpart. Look at Jay cutler, you can tell he is right handed!!

it is a bit funny looking when i flex but its probably not too bad unflexed. ive been training for a couple of years now and it just wont catch up just like my wole left side.

Got any postural issues that may be affecting how you look?

used to. i was seeing a good physio when i started lifting properly 2 years ago and he said i my posture was average and prescribed more squats and deads, my posture has since straightened up nicely.

i think i might have worked out why its unbalanced, i work with heavy machinery each day and have done for 10 years so using my right arm always lifting and moving things all day at work is probably keeping the right side of me ahead of the left.