• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

J hooks, pins, etc - Where to buy?

Light Weight

As mentioned in another thread, I've bought an old school Gold's Gym power cage.
I'm looking for some J hooks or similar as the ones it come with a pretty badly rusted and are actually stuck to the cage so I may need to remove them via sledge hammer. I've tried my Powertec one but they're too small and wont fit.
Does anyone know where I can buy spare J hooks, pins or similar?
Thanks.

Try spraying them with a shitload of WD-40 and leaving overnight they should come off after that, if not some persuasion with the hammer would help. Once you have them off try cleaning them up, you would be suprised at how they look after a run in with the wire brush.

It would take some serious corrosion to rust through a set of solid jhooks. If they are beyond saving go see your local welding/engineering shop with the originals in hand and they should be able to make them up cheap. You might be suprised at the price they will generally make something like that out of scrap and offcuts.

Post up some pics if you can I am curious to see this rack and the condition.

I got the J hooks off today by "tapping" them with a sledge hammer :p
I'm going to take them somewhere to get them made into the ones that hug the frame.

Hi Lightweight,

I'm considering buying a powertec power rack, just wondering why you felt the need to change racks? Just wanted something more commercial / stronger etc... or was there something wrong with powertec?

Cheers,
J

Hi Lightweight,

I'm considering buying a powertec power rack, just wondering why you felt the need to change racks? Just wanted something more commercial / stronger etc... or was there something wrong with powertec?

Cheers,
J

Hey Justler,
I'm not getting rid of my Powertec rack and may never will. It is one of the best racks, if not the best racks I have used.
I bought my "new" old school Gold's Gym rack to originally make money from it but it's just too good to part with and it has that old school cool appeal to it. Also, I plan on opening a PT studio sometime in the future so another rack would be handy if one of my mates wants to train while I'm working with a client.
The Powertec rack in my opinion is one of the best racks you can buy in Australia and it is extremely popular in the USA also. Lee Priest even has one ;)