• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Juiced or Not?

Juiced or Not

• Yes

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
Poll results so far 50% either way with 6 votes.

NPR, Vadernator and PTC, what do you guys think?

Ben, there really isnt much of a question here.

The abilities of naturals are far below that of steroid users. Take 100% RAW for instance, one of the better drug tested feds around. In the 220lb class none of the lifters have gone far above 600 in the squat, 400 in the bench and some of them are scraping 700 in the deadlift - but the drugged russian teams are pulling 800 squats, 600 benches and 800 deadlifts totally raw.

For bodybuilding the difference isnt just mass, but the level of bodyfat they need to maintain it. If a natural wants any decent size (90-100kg) then they cant go below 8% bodyfat. Most natural bodybuilders end up looking like rugby players than bodybuilders.

Theres nothing wrong with these achievements - a person at 6', 100kg and 10% bodyfat with a 250/180/300 total is a ****ing BEAST, the kind that steps into a gym and will leave impressions on its members forever. But when it comes to the 110kg+ guys shredded on a magazine cover, take it with a grain of salt.

shouldve called it assisted dumb bell press...

juiced to the gills.

Also he looks like 12yo in the face at the gym lol.

Why does it matter lol

It doesn't.

A more appropriate/accurate question would be:

Is it possible for an 18 year old to look like this without the use of steroids?

Judging by the mixed results in the poll thus far, I will go by the more experienced/big lifters opinions.

Detailed post Oli, judging by your last paragraph you think he isn't using?

Last edited:
judging by my last paragraph he is. I dont think a 16 year old has the muscular maturity to put on that kind of size. also, that sorta size and bodyfat would require AT LEAST 3 solid years training, which I doubt hes had.

I havent bothered to look at the vid, because I have a friend who totally changed my opinion on guessing.

This guy doesnt really know what steroids are, or supplements, or good nutrition.

When he walks into a gym in shorts, every one puts on their track pants.

He is shredded and lives on chocolate.

He has benched 170kg @ 90kg raw. With very little training.

He ran the 100m at 10.76 in high school at Olympic park.

His uncle won Mr Victoria without lifting weights, just rowing in school.

There are genetic freaks.

Just because someone is doing better than us, dont assume he is using.

I have already warned Max that soon his friends who cant deadlift what he puts overhead are going to start whispering.

no babies, whales, tiger cubs, pandas, black people, sea kittens or puppies are harmed by having a guess. its just a bit of fun...

those who are ignorant will always assume steroids, but those who have had experience in lifting can tell a bit better. i would say he probably has most likely been on a cycle due to his size and leaness.

if i did not know max and saw him i would not assume steroids.
i see a few guys at different gyms who people tell me they are on steroids i see them and most of the time i would say they are not on any illegal substance. but every now and then you see some who are very obviously on the juice.

but then again there are these genetic freaks who are gifted with the mesmomorph body from the start

I havent bothered to look at the vid, because I have a friend who totally changed my opinion on guessing.

This guy doesnt really know what steroids are, or supplements, or good nutrition.

When he walks into a gym in shorts, every one puts on their track pants.

He is shredded and lives on chocolate.

He has benched 170kg @ 90kg raw. With very little training.

He ran the 100m at 10.76 in high school at Olympic park.

His uncle won Mr Victoria without lifting weights, just rowing in school.

There are genetic freaks.

Just because someone is doing better than us, dont assume he is using.

I have already warned Max that soon his friends who cant deadlift what he puts overhead are going to start whispering.

i have met a few of these gifted individuals in the gym over the years but most seem very little interested in lifting even thou they look/perform better than most hard gainers that have been lifting for over 5 years.

I guess this is due to the mentality that why lift even harder when you already look like a bodybuilder/powerlifter from the starting blocks without having to ever lift a weight.

also insert

/envious and jealous looks

Dedication and great genetics can lead to results beyond what "normal" people think possible without gear.

Like Markos said, if he says he's clean I'd believe him too.

Regardless of if he has used gear or not, he has put in a hell of a lot of hard work.

There are dudes at my gym who openly speak about using roids and they look like swollen pieces of shit with no legs. So I guess some people can use gear and not put in the effort and get nothing and others use them as well as training hard/eating alot and sleeping well and get results. I have no idea if this guy is on gear, looking at the vid it is a possibility.

What happens if it turns out he has been using prohormones? These are legal in the USA and are dietry supplements, but act just as good or if not better than steriods I am told. Are you still natural if you take prohormones?

orchy.jpg

What happens if it turns out he has been using prohormones? These are legal in the USA and are dietry supplements, but act just as good or if not better than steriods I am told. Are you still natural if you take prohormones?

No you are not natural if you take PH's. They are also not as good as good as real gear as far as I know.