• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Just Started Gym

O

olfa

have just started going to the gym a mate but we have 2 different agendas for going , me in a bid to tone donw/up (not that toning is a bodybuilding word but its just a description) and my mate is wanting to lose some weight.

we went to the gym last week , i did 10mins of cyclingand then just done some benching on the machine. At the moment i don't really have a training regime still getting a feel for the place, my mate is pretty much in the same position

We are planning on going to the gym 3 times a week, in order to get the toned look that i am after/wanting i will need to make my upper arms, shoulders and chest to be bigger, so anyone care to point me in the direction of a good training regime

thanks

If you are just starting and planning to do 3 days/week, I think you would get the best results with full body workouts, same workout for all 3 days.

Do:

Bench Press
Shoulder press
Pulldowns, or assisted chinups if the gym has one
Seated rows
Leg press, or squats if you can
Stiff leg deadlifts or leg curl machine
Barbell curls
Assisted dips if the gym has one, otherwise triceps pressdowns

A couple of sets of each exercise will get you great results.

good exercise for
shoulders
millatry press
arnold press
lat pulldows
lat raises
CHEST
bench press incline and decline dont forget strip sets
dumbell presses
pushups at end of chest routine

biceps
bar curls
hammers
concentration curls
chin ups

Dont forget to work your legs ide sugest a split program were you concentrate on on one mucle group a day im new to posting replys so if you need more info let me no.