• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Keto Shopping list + Diet (Muscle building and fat loss)

B

Bonza

Background : Im coming back from a rotator cuff tear and I quit lifting ALLTOGETHER for the past 6 months, I have minimal or 0 strenght left and need to continue to do some light physio before I lift.

This means I cant lift heavy for most upper body movements.

Over these months I have lost a lot of muscle, gained mid section fat and generally changed body composition while retaining a similar bodyweight prior to my accident.

I am looking at getting into Keto to help burn the fat and help me to build some muscle whil eI go about light lifts. I will make a separate post on what sort of routine I should follow.

From some readin Iv dont, keto + muscle gain is possible.

I bloat on carbs... but when I first got into lifting I did a 5x5 for 3 months with heavy carbing (oats/pasta)

Essentially if I dont lift with the same intesity as before I dotn see why Keto wont work as this is not a mega dirty bulk.

Now for the question at hand, whats the Aussie Keto Shopping list like?

I am also lactose intolerant, so would the lactose free milk be ok as part of the diet as lactose is the main carb and its removed...

As a uni student how do i get my fat on the go?

Would this look aight : (non workout day)

Meal 1 : 40gms whey + almonds + walnuts + PB
& 1 tbsp husk

Meal 2 : 5 Eggs, 1 yolk, 1 tbsp husk, chicken

Meal 3 : 40gms whey protien + PB

meal 4 : 5 eggs

meal 5 : chicken/fish/tuna + olive oil or coconut oil virgin
& 1 tbsp husk

I know the premises of the Keto is high fat so I reckon, a lot more red meat and cheese, pork etc.

Im interested in brands, cuts of meat, serving sizes etc :)

This is my keto shopping list:

Bacon
Eggs
cheese
steak
tuna
olive oil
nat peanut butter
almonds
wpi

Pretty much all iam eating atm - while dieting.

I keep my diet pretty high fat/low carb/high protein even when iam not dieting - my body does not react to carbs well!

If iam not dieting pretty much i'll just eat as much as I want without the carbs - I will normally have some carbs for breakfast and after training and prob add in some veggies aswell.

Last edited:
Thanks !

For the morning meal would 4 whole eggs+2whites + butter + sour cream eb a good start I sometime chuck in Spinach as well

I'm following dave palumbo's keto diet and it's day 3 officially for me. It's going great so far and although 3 of my meals consist of purely liquid protein and natural peanut butter I am not hungry at all. I know this diet works cause I did something similar almost 2 years ago and I lost 32 kilos. So basically all I eat is
whey shakes
Natural pb
Omega 3 eggs
Tuna
Salmon
93% lean beef
Eye fillet
Cashews
Olive oil
Walnuts
Posted via Mobile Device

do you guys still try and not go over a certain amount of caloires on this diet ? as in do you still portion control or just eat as many nuts etc as you like ?

I think atm i would be sitting on about 2000 cals a day....I never count cals as such but I do have a rough idea of how much im taking in.

thats bugger all man.. you must have hardly any food. 2000 cals can mount up so quick when your eating nuts and oils..

Thats just a rough guess man - Atm my diet looks like this mon-fri:

Meal 1:
protein shake
1 tablespoon mac oil

Meal 2:
pack of salmon

Meal 3:
pack of salmon

Meal 4:
pack of salmon

Meal 5:
2 bits of salmon

Meal 6:
1/2 - 1 cup of almonds

This is what I have planned for Saturday/sunday:

Saturday:

Meal 1:
protein shake
2 tablespoons of mac oil
1/2 cup almonds

Meal 2:
250g steak
salad

Meal 3:
250g steak
salad

Meal 4:
400-500g salmon
salad
1 cup cashews

Meal 5:
500g steak
1/2 sweet potato
mushrooms

Meal 6:
1 cup almonds and cashews

Sunday:

Sunday:

Meal 1:
2 cups of oats with honey and milk
2 tablespoons of mac or flax seed oil
1 banana

Steak for the rest of the day - then whatever for dinner at gf's

Then next week will prob change again - I just keep changing shit up and playing with calorie intake and diff sources of protein and fat....

Its working coz im 107kgs now - was 120

Biggest thing and I know its the main part of the diet but make sure you keep your fats high - sometimes its easy to forget that you need them and the whole point of dieting like this - last week I was busy and got caught up in wanting a X weight by saturday - dropped fats to low and def felt it....no energy, no libido, no interest in anything!

thanks man . Ill have no problem with that as I love oliveoil and coconut oil... im actually looking forward to eating nuts/ cheese, eggs etc. lol.

after spending the afternoon at work reading articles and all the ins and outs of this diet I decided id start it tomorrow.

My eating is as per below.
sunday to friday

Meal 1
100g Bacon
50g salami
1whole egg + 2 egg yolks
1 tea spoon of coconut oil

After trainin
30g protein

meal 2
185g tin of tuna with olive oil

Snack. 25g cheese

meal 3
185g tin tuna with olive oil

snack 50 g nuts (almonds, cashews, brazil)

Meal 4
200 gram steak cooked in coconut oil

Snack
50 gram salami . nuts or cheese.

then between friday night and saturday night ill try and consume 600 grams of carbs with minimal fat.

Last edited: