• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kilojoules or Calories?

Repacked

Punxsutawney resident
For those of you who track what goes into your food hole, do you use Kj or Cal? Any specific reason for your preference?

It took me a while to get used to the big numbers. I was under the impression that Kj would be the more common metric used for nutrition info etc in Australia going forward but I've yet to see a label that has Kj exclusively. Anyway now that I've got my head around it I aint goin' back.

Cals: because numbers are smaller and I'm very used to it.

And LOL at the avg. daily intake for a male adult at 8700kj per day. Cutting pretty damn hard here and I haven't hit that once.

Calories cos when I started gym for weight loss, all the diets and food calculators were US and so were in calories.

I should make a determined effort to switch to Kj cos, well, #fukdaUSpolice. Pisses me off greatly that they insist on putting all powerlifting and Oly lifting weights in lbs, even though its obvious that in comps they are using Kg plates. I mean, a 661lb pull? You mean 300kg, right?

So, to diss the US even more, I will switch to Kj.