• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Knee Wraps

0ni

Registered Rustler
Need some advice on knee wraps.
I lift in GPC so I am allowed 2.5m wraps

I currently have some Inzer Iron Z 2m wraps
These are very good, I have no problem hitting depth (actually feels easier than without wraps as it allows me to sit back more) and they give good rebound out of the hole. I know PTC Brisbane love the shit out of these wraps also and I filmed Zach squatting 310kg in the 2.5m wraps

The only problem I have is that they are hard to put on. I train alone so can't get someone to wrap my knees. So I'd like to look into getting some 2.5m wraps.
The Inzer Z's are fairly stiff so I'd like to get something a little more stretchy (to make it easier to put on). They also make the back of my knees raw every time I wear them so something more comfortable would be a *bonus*. I am also a wide stance squatter and only plan on going wider so the wraps can be good and stiff and I'll have no problems breaking parallel.

I understand that stretchy and stiff are two separate qualities in wraps, but to my understanding there are still wraps that are stretchy but when stretched well and wrapped around the knee are very stiff? I'm thinking the METAL all blacks would be good for me but would like to see what other people with experience thought. I also saw the METAL Mystical knee wraps. These are half black and half triple line so they will allegedly be easy as fuck to put on and also be nice and stiff when wrapped.

TL;DR=

>Inzer Z 2m too hard to put on by self and make knees raw
>Need a 2.5m wrap that is easy to stretch to put on
>Wide stance squatter so stiffness (when wrapped) is good.

I know fuck all about wraps but have 2.5m metal blacks and can get them on easy by myself. They are stretchy and if I do them tight they are fairly stiff.

Got sent the silver metal wraps by accident and they are too stiff to get on by myself.

I use the Titan 2.5m wraps.
I learnt to do my own

In regards to your knees going raw in wraps..... toughen up.

Yeah Sticky told me that the silver wraps were overkill. I suspect that they are for multi-ply squatters. Good news about the blacks being stretchy yet stiff.

Kaz, do the titan wraps fit my bill though? Are they stretchier than the Z's and stiff in the hole?

I have found the Titaniums from Titan a good compromise - fairly easy to put on yourself but still stiff - the Metal silvers are brilliant but can be hard work to put on yourself. What about the Inzer gripper wraps?

Titan max RPMs are nice & soft for you mate.
If you want a good wrap but get some APT ones.

Aren't the inzer grippers exactly the same as the iron z's but with velcro? Easy to tie off yeah but still a bitch to wrap when they are new lol

Titan max RPMs are nice & soft for you mate.
If you want a good wrap but get some APT ones.

I take it by "max RPM" this is nice and stretchy so you can wrap it easily? Are they still stiff when wrapped?

I take it by "max RPM" this is nice and stretchy so you can wrap it easily? Are they still stiff when wrapped?

Yeah very stretchy (as the name suggests) but not really that stiff when on imo. A great wrap to learn in I think.

Aren't the inzer grippers exactly the same as the iron z's but with velcro? Easy to tie off yeah but still a bitch to wrap when they are new lol

No!
The grippers have a rubbery finish so the wraps catches on itself when you are wrapping so it is much easier to wrap especially if you are wrapping yourself. Not sure if they are stiff or not but they are a joy to wrap.

I have a set of inzers from Scott, love em. I find them fairly easy to get on and nice and firm. They have softened up slightly if that's what your worried about oni, and Scott has em for a great price

Alright, looks like I'm going to have to lay out a few $100 and just try a different wrap for each 9 week cycle until I find something I like.

Looks like I'm going to try:
Metal blacks
Inzer gripper
Metal mysticals
Something by APT (any suggestions?)
Titaniums

I have a set of inzers from Scott, love em. I find them fairly easy to get on and nice and firm. They have softened up slightly if that's what your worried about oni, and Scott has em for a great price

I already have inzer z's though brah

I have APT Hybrids which I find really good. Everyone raves about the Strangulators but so if they come back in stock maybe try them.

Yeah Sticky told me that the silver wraps were overkill. I suspect that they are for multi-ply squatters. Good news about the blacks being stretchy yet stiff.

Kaz, do the titan wraps fit my bill though? Are they stretchier than the Z's and stiff in the hole?

Titans stretch out good. I bounce out of the hole and have a lot of confidence in them, I haven't tried the others.

I just realised that if I buy a wrap roller I can tighten the wrap before it's even on my knee
Then I just need to wrap that shit around my knee and not worry about stretching it by hand. Anyone used one?

knee_wrap_roller_new_powerlifting_1.jpg

I think everyone used the one at GPC Nats! Mine are still wrapped tight in storage from that thing! They are awesome.