• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Legs

J

Josh_GTiR

Just got back from an awesome leg workout. Legs are quickly becoming my favourite workout now. There is something about having all that weight on your shoulders and labouring through squats that feels so damn good!

The funny thing is, why do only 5% of people at my gym train their legs? Since really smashing them our strength is coming up pretty quick as well as our mass. Some people say they don't do them because it makes them look bigger up the top, WTF are you serious!?!?!

Yes I am feeling a bit psyched and should really be in bed.

I hope everyone here is smashing their legs!

If I cant squat for whatever reason, I find I cant train at all, it feels like I'm cheating.

why do only 5% of people at my gym train their legs? Since really smashing them our strength is coming up pretty quick as well as our mass.

i think some cant handle the pain associated with doing legs for the first 2-3 weeks and also the naseua associated. Even after years of doing legs ive had those days where i was close to throwing up.

Last edited:
Josh wrote:
The funny thing is, why do only 5% of people at my gym train their legs?

They are not dopamine addicts/junkies yet; give'em a chance Josh!

Fadi.

Last edited:
everytime after i train...
i love the wobbly effect when im walking down the stairs...
LOL

That's it; you're a 5 star junkie and a sadist general! Any more room in your club for one more member mate?! You're a funny guy, I like you Josh.

Fadi.

When i started to train 17 years ago the guy that took me to the gym was a leg maniac (will upload a pic of his freaky legs) we always trained until we puked he he, now i don´t train my front legs so hard cause they will grow to fast and my upper body can´t catch up, i just love to train them hard and i miss the hard wicked legworkouts i had in my early years.

I think people are lazy and don´t have the mentality to train them hard so they skip them instead:)

/Mattias

That's it; you're a 5 star junkie and a sadist general! Any more room in your club for one more member mate?! You're a funny guy, I like you Josh.

Fadi.

fadi i think you got the names mixed up :p

haha... and i'm not sadist (judging from the weights that i use) :D
i just love that feeling... its just like (drinking to get high)

if you were to ever train at my "club" i think the whole level would go to a dead stop just to stare @ u doing your lifts:D

Nah, I am funny and a good guy Lucku. hehe

The only times I have ever thrown up from the gym (3 times) is from legs. The last time I had to run past all the cardio bunnies that were lined up for Yoga with a towel on my mouth pushing them out the way. haha

I don't get the wobbly effect down the stairs after legs, I take the lift!! I dread it if I do legs and I have driven my GTiR to the gym. My clutch is pretty heavy and my damn leg shakes profusely as soon as I depress the clutch.

People don't train legs for the same reason they don't really train back - because it's ****ing HARD. Doesn't have to be at vomiting level - arse-to-ground, coming out of the hole, it's really draining. Do that first up in the workout and the rest of your lifts are lower. Do it last when you're already tired and you might puke.

Much easier just to do endless sets of dumbell curls, cable curls, and Smith machine bench presses.

When I went to the gym yesterday, I arrived at 1630, and left at 1730. This is around the busiest time. When I arrived I was surprised to see a guy squatting - not much weight so he hasn't been doing it for long, but still, squatting. I actually had to wait to use the cage. This is unusual, since even though every treadmill and bike was occupied, and guys were just about fighting over 12.5kg dumbells, normally I have the cage to myself.

I did some decline situps while I was waiting and then he finished and I went for it. I was also doing barbell rows and overhead presses so I still used the cage, and in the last ten minutes of my workout a guy wanted to come in. But he was going to do some heavy bench presses and needed the racks for safety without a spotter.

Having two guys want to use the cage in an hour is unprecedented for me in my gym, and has only happened at that busiest time. Needless to say I have never seen a woman in my gym squatting. A few dumbell lunges but that's about it.

Not enough instruction from the trainers, plus people saying "but I don't want to be a muscle man", and that's what you get. Girls on the treadmills for hours reading magazines, boys doing endless sets of curls. So after a couple of months there's zero change in their bodies and they say "this is a waste of time" and give up and go home to eat KFC and watch The Simpsons. :mad:

HAHA, I love the line "I don't want to end up massive" like it is ****ing easy. What do they think one day they will wake up and be twice the size they started.

On leg days I squat first, this is because it is the most taxing. I will do leg press third and this is when I start to feel a bit queezy. By the time I am doing lunges this is when trouble can start to rear its ugly head. I am stupid though, once the thought gets in my mind that I "could" spew it lingers and it stays around for longer than it should.

Yeah, girls say that line a lot too. "I don't want to bulk up if I lift weights" etc etc.

Well they will bulk up (and not in a pretty way) if they keep eating their junk food and not doing exercise!

Squats are my favourite exercise.

I got my fiancee into weights to help her tone up after she lost all her pregnancy weight. She is now in better condition than ever, and she is getting stronger too, I got to watch out.

I am yet to teach her deads and squats, I've shown her a bit but said to only do them when I am with her for a while.

I trained legs yesterday morning BIG TIME!

After the gym this morning (did chest & biceps), I went to change into my pre packed work clothes & for some weird reason I have thrown in a pair of heels. You guys should try & walk in them after you have majorly sore muscles, I find it hard enough even when I haven't done a workout!:p I feel retarded.

Oh & that bit about girls doing legs
Yeah, girls say that line a lot too. "I don't want to bulk up if I lift weights" etc etc
I have this kind of friend who is lets say large & her excuse for not exercising is that she will end up with legs like a front row footballer - Yeah right!:cool:

Better than looking like a beer keg if you ask me.

It's funny, it is often the people who require the most work who make remarks like that.

Nice work Chussen!! I hate wearing heels - I find them uncomfortable enough without DOMS - I can only imagine what they'd be like with DOMS in your legs!

It should be mandatory for all girls who squat to wear heels and short skirts.

You go to the effort of building fantastic legs, please show them off.

I tell all my female clients that I train them to look the way I want them to look.

Squats it is then lol

When i started to train 17 years ago the guy that took me to the gym was a leg maniac (will upload a pic of his freaky legs) we always trained until we puked he he, now i don´t train my front legs so hard cause they will grow to fast and my upper body can´t catch up, i just love to train them hard and i miss the hard wicked legworkouts i had in my early years.

/Mattias

Keen to see the workout.

its a good thing i used to do legs on mondays.. The squat rack and leg presses are always free while people fight over the chest benches. Thank god for the 95% of people that dont do legs :p