• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Less gains this month = how much food?

walt

DuffProteinMan
Hey, didn't know where to post this so i just made a thread.

Background information is i gained 2kg+ 1st month but this month i only gained 1kg.
Just a quick question, how much more should i eat, im thinking of adding a peanut butter sandwich. Im on a very tight budget and this is very cheap and we have lots of bread. I won't be able to afford any more chicken ect.

Is the peanut butter sandwich good enough? Its probably around 300 calories.

What's wrong with 1kg in a month? It's better than 0kg a month, just think, 12 months of 1kg a month and you'd be looking great. Keep at it

I feel like i can make more. Im aiming for 2kg a month. 1kg a month for a beginner isn't that much?

I was eating heaps of peanut butter sambos early on (still not big though) but found I was putting on pretty dirty weight as in I started to get a pretty fat chin and stuff haha.
Could you afford tuna? tuna cheese and mayo sandwhiches are the go at the moment for me

I already eat quite a bit of tuna, i guess ill just have a ham sandwich. As you said PB made you put on dirty weight and i do not want that.

Thanks for advice Morgan and dusty. I guess ill just trial and see.

Post up your diet mate so we can help you out more!

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but my diet is pretty good. I have a sports nutritionist who has set up my diet. Im just curious, since i have gained more weight, i would eat more right, and because the gains weren't as much as last time, rather a lot less, i need more food in me?

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but my diet is pretty good. I have a sports nutritionist who has set up my diet. Im just curious, since i have gained more weight, i would eat more right, and because the gains weren't as much as last time, rather a lot less, i need more food in me?

You just answered your own question.

Someone who looks fantastic asked you to post up your diet, you don't do it because your diet is pretty good. WTF?

There is really no such thing as a sports nutritionist.. Well there is but it is not unprotected term. Your mum could call herself a sports nutritionist.

I suggest you post your diet. I'm a sports nutriionist I'll look over it for you :D

Monday - breakfast (workout days + sprinting days - 4 times a week)
3 eggs
2 toast
1 can baked beans
100-200g yoghurt
1 cup Milk

Snack - Sandwich? No idea what to put here

Morning tea - 1 cup rice
1 can tuna
Salad
Almonds
3 tbs milk powder

Lunch - 4 multigrain bread
Ham 100g
Salad
LF mayonaise
3 tbs milk powder

After Lunch - 3 teaspoons Milo + 1 cup Milk
1 apple or 2
No he did not say Milo but he said its fine

Dinner - SOme kind of Meat
Some carbs
Veggies

Breakfast (non workout days) - 200g yoghurt
50-75g muesli
1 cup milk
Some kind of fruit.

So my main question is - what do i eat as the snack. i gained less this month (1kg less) - so i have to eat more food right?
The Diet isn't perfect i know, but its hard because my mom thinks i eat a lot so i already have to pay money weekly for it. So i can't put more expensive food (chicken - it goes in a day in our house)

Last edited:
There is really no such thing as a sports nutritionist.. Well there is but it is not unprotected term. Your mum could call herself a sports nutritionist.

I suggest you post your diet. I'm a sports nutriionist I'll look over it for you :D

Well, sports dietician then. His company has been the dietician for the Brisbane Broncos and the Austrlian Institute of Sport.

Well, sports dietician then. His company has been the dietician for the Brisbane Broncos and the Austrlian Institute of Sport.

I don't trust dietitians, they are like stupid pretend dr's, who will tell you eating over 150g Of protein will kill babies.

Your eating too much carby shit and not enough protein..

you said you didn't gain as much weight this month, but were your strength gains constant? if so i wouldn't worry.

I don't trust dietitians, they are like stupid pretend dr's, who will tell you eating over 150g Of protein will kill babies.

Your eating too much carby shit and not enough protein..

What do you suggest i change, on a very tight budget.? Is it time to purchase some protein powder and add that in between breakfast and morning tea? I made decent gains last month on this, high carb, medium protein and low fat was the approach he took me in.

you said you didn't gain as much weight this month, but were your strength gains constant? if so i wouldn't worry.

Um, im not to sure because i focused on form, but some of the lifts went up.

Last edited: