• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Leucine: Your Magic Key To Bigger Muscles!

HAHA, I was just saying that. Not for any particular reason.

To be honest, I couldn't really be bothered with all of this beta alanine, zinc, magnesium, Leucine blah blah blah. It seems way to complex for me. I eat well and take a multi and lift my ass off. Unless you have diet, rest and training on point, how much of a difference does it all make I wonder.

That's a fair comment there Josh.

Fadi.

HAHA, I was just saying that. Not for any particular reason.

To be honest, I couldn't really be bothered with all of this beta alanine, zinc, magnesium, Leucine blah blah blah. It seems way to complex for me. I eat well and take a multi and lift my ass off. Unless you have diet, rest and training on point, how much of a difference does it all make I wonder.

Those small things can make a big differnece when you enter a plateau and your body just refuse to grow more, and in older people it seems to work better too i think becuse the hormon levels in older people starts to decrease.

/Mattias

Yeah I can understand that. I think Fadi does a great job with all his very in depth and massive articles that he puts up, but I find that alot of it goes over my head. I can see how people like Mattias and Fadi can use it being at the level they are, but for myself I am not at a level yet wher I am pushing to my max potential. I don't know if that sounds naive or stupid, it might to some.

I have no doubt that these things have benefits, don't get me wrong. I just feel that there is a lot of things I need to get spot on (Eating, Resting, Lifting) before I can use these things to their full potential.

If I was to follow all of Fadi's articles I would need a PA to take care of all of my tablet and substance taking.:D

EDIT: I am not having a go at anyone who takes all of this stuff. I just feel the basics should be sorted before these avenues are exhausted.

Last edited:
Yeah I can understand that. I think Fadi does a great job with all his very in depth and massive articles that he puts up, but I find that alot of it goes over my head. I can see how people like Mattias and Fadi can use it being at the level they are, but for myself I am not at a level yet wher I am pushing to my max potential. I don't know if that sounds naive or stupid, it might to some.

I have no doubt that these things have benefits, don't get me wrong. I just feel that there is a lot of things I need to get spot on (Eating, Resting, Lifting) before I can use these things to their full potential.

If I was to follow all of Fadi's articles I would need a PA to take care of all of my tablet and substance taking.:D

In the end it´s hard training and good nutrition thats counts so it doesn´t sound naive or stupid mate.

/Mattias

From a very interesting study I read awhile ago, it showed that BCAAs done promote muscle synthesis, but rather, prevent muscle catablism.

EAAS were the ones that promoted muscle synthesis.

Got a link to the whole study ?

Posting just an abstract dosnt mean the results and conclusive. I would like to see how the study was conducted, and if the results were statistically significant (i do a lot of analysis of economic studies)

It would also be interesting to compare this to the other studies i have seen. Ill try to find some links for me.

Steve, my emphasis throughout has been on the power of leucine and not the other two amino acids in the BCAA trio. The article title was leucine, and yes leucine is part of the trio. Are you suggesting that leucine does not promote muscle synthesis?

Fadi.

Last edited: