• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lifting Chalk.

Hopefully this stuff is less crazy than the spri brand from rebel... Shit just goes everywhere lol. I swear it's primary school chalk

I have both liquid chalk (got it from bb.com from memory), and normal chalk. Normal chalk shits all over the liquid stuff, but if you are desperate and can't use the other it does do the job

I just got mine from eBay. Thought it was a block, but it was crushed/powder.. Bit dodgy getting a bag of white powder shipped to work, but it got through without me getting called into HR.

Iron edge sell their in a bag. Helps reduce mess a little.. Could buy a block and put panty hose on it if you wanted.

What have deadlifts got to do with chalk?

Helps you maintain grip.

I use chalk, not just for deads, but for seated rows, dumbbell rows and even bench press. I find it helps me to connect with the bar a little better, mentally and physically. Also most commercial gyms have cheap crappy bars with dull slippery knurling. Chalk makes a huge difference if you are lifting with crappy bars and not using straps.

Any links for places that sell cheap or decently priced lifting chalk?
Workout World on Blaxlands Road sell them from behind the counter. My last lot was $4-$5 a square. I have been in once and they were out but they usually have a quick turn around with getting it in.