• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Light Head

yetti

Does anyone out there know why i would have been getting light headed while training and not been able to perform to myu normal standard. I do sometimes get a little light headed while training when pushing really hard but never this bad before and couldnt lift to the level that i have over the last few weeks.
any ideas would be appreciated

ok. about a month ago i was pushing really hard in the gym. 80kg clean and jerk continuously. maximum rest was 30 seconds. did this for an hour.

passed out on the last rep.

2 days later

100kg clean and jerk. passed out pressing the weight overhead. dropped it on my thigh and it missed my knee cap.

*and by passing out i mean i pressed the weight up then lost my hearing and couldnt stand straight and collapsed on the ground having a mini fit.

it is still swollen after 5 weeks.

back to the gym last week.

lifted 100kg clean and jerk numerous times quite easily.

i noticed it is all to do with your lung capacity and how much air you breath in before you actually push yourself. yes it could be due to lack of nutrition or carbs before your workout, but i dont think it was in my case.

you just have to settle yourself in whatever your doing, relax, take a deep breath and push.

in my case, i was not breathing a great deal at the top of the clean.

and also i was coming back from gastro and trying to do to much too soon.. hence why your nutrition should be 100% spot on.

Last edited:
yeah i drink approx 1.5 litres of water during training. dont hold my breath and diet is high protein

Not enough carbs and not enough sleep perhaps? I'd check those two first. Works for me.

If your session is really long (over 1h like mine) look into getting some carbs (shakes or sport drinks) while you're training.

passed out pressing the weight overhead

That's freaking scary! Happened to me once, nearly, got tunnel vision and came so close to blacking out, check the last rep here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pgQwz4mqpw]YouTube - Ghosty Military Press 60kg x 5 @ 63kg bw[/ame]

If you rack a clean too far back it's possible to press against your carotid arteries causing you to pass out. There's a video of this happening to the guy from 70s Big, I'll post it later.

If you rack a clean too far back it's possible to press against your carotid arteries causing you to pass out. There's a video of this happening to the guy from 70s Big, I'll post it later.

Can also happen if you're really grinding out a lift while holding you breath (watch 2:20 [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmMt74j_nbc&feature=feedu]YouTube - 2011 Arnolds Island vs Mainland[/ame]).