• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Light Headed.

Quarantined

Hey guys.
I started working out last week,
Proper diet and everything.
Now my first question is, I'm 17 and i've gained about 1.2 KGS in a week, i don't gain fat easily or at all and ive been eating like a healthy monster.
Is it possible to even gain that much muscle in a week? =/

However my main question is this,
During my lifts especially Squats and Deadlifts i get light headed, spaced out and just a weak after-feeling and i have been told i turn all white.
Is there a reason you can name for this? Is it my breathing or something else?
Spotter says my form is fine and i always make sure Form > Weight.
It's become an issue thats making me really not enjoy working out when i usually do.

Thank you!

Blood rushes away from your head to your legs.

How quickly it rushes back depends on your cardiovascular fitness - your conditioning. This will improve as you lift more. And you can focus on it. Try hill sprints.

Increase weights, reps and sets steadily but slowly. Remember, even just 1kg or 1 rep more is progress.

Nutrition and rest will be key, too. Trained one guy who slept less than 6 hours the previous 3 nights in a row, missed breakfast and ran to his first session. During squats he fainted, it wasn't even heavy.

If you are up till 4am drinking booze and you live on Macca's then you will keep feeling light-headed. Go to bed before midnight and eat like a grownup.

Yeah,
I guess that could be it.
I used to sleep at 2-3 AM and eat one meal a day.

I now sleep no later then 10:30 and eat about 6 meals a day all healthy.
Maybe it could be just the sudden change in the way i go about things?

I just hope it stops real soon,
The thing is i never really had a problem with fitness.
I play soccer regularly and am quite fit =/

I got it a fair bit for the first year or so when I started lifting particularly on heavy squat and dead sets, I too considered myself quite fit from playing soccer. I guess its a different form of conditioning, and it should lessen over time. Especially as you are just starting out, your body needs to do a lot of adapting to the stresses of weight training, give it time, and stick with it. I still get it from time to time, mostly doing heavy 5 or 20 rep squats. I believe it is a combination of blood pressure change, breathing (or lack thereof, it is really hard to take full breaths towards the end of a set, under a heavy bar) and fatigue during sets, as well as movement of blood around the body.

ye be carefull
dont do sum shit like that

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8RcDb_wZfQ]YouTube - ORIGINAL deadlift passout video 329[/ame]

2 other things can affect this too, that are quite simple.
1: I was quite fit and had low'ish blood pressure. Got lots of headspins.
2: Low blood sugar. When I started lifting weights, it just seemed that I had different blood sugar needs to when I was playing soccer.
One morning (at 64kg), I had:
1 glass of orange juice
3 weetbix with low fat milk
1 slice of toast with peanut butter and jam
1 serve of regular yoghurt.
1 tub of peaches.
I had dizzyness. Went to doc and he recorded low blood sugar. Told me to rest and eat something.

False. Your Man Quotient skyrockets if you can say you passed out deadlifting. I've done it. All the cool kids do it. You should try it some time.

haha. you just forgot to breathe... lol..... i forgot about that day.. :D

That is what i will call passion . There is a way if there is a will . That is what a famous saying is . Can you share the pics of your work out . Would love to see a before and after type pic .
chino hills boot camp

Last edited: