• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Looking for a new routine, thoughts? Help?

Neddysmith

Standard kunce
Hey Guys,

OK I been doing an Upper/Lower split for maybe around 6mths and think I made some OK gains in that time, however, starting to get a little bored of it so was thinking about changing things around and maybe going back to single body part splits of...

Mon - Legs
Tues - Chest
Weds - Shoulders
thurs - Back
Fri - Arms, Abs and a little cardio

Or anyone any other suggestions?

it is up to you what you do; there are so many variations that you could do.

but, make sure you don't overwork muscles. You have chest, shoulder and back over three days which is going to mean that certain muscles are being worked hard 2 days in a row.

My preference is to do a 3 day split with one day off, say

1) chest (including shoulder presses) with triceps.
2)legs,
3)back (which includes upright rows) and biceps.

Last edited:
As stated above, everyone will have a different opinion and most will work.

Personally I would be doing chest and shoulders on the same day. No doubt your shoulders will be sore after chest day, which will make it hard. Or at least work them a day or 2 apart. Have a day for just arms and then have a cardio or class based day.

Yeah I think you guys are right and I was trying to remember what I was doing previously

I think this would be better?

Mon - Chest
Tues - Legs
Weds - Shoulders
Thurs - Back
Fri - Arms

and doing Deads on Back day means a little lower work twice a week and gives the shoulders a day of between chest and shoulders.

That's if I decide to do body part a day split.....

Neddy the split your OP is quite similar to what i've been doing for about the last 6 weeks. Squats, Deads, OHP & Bench have all been done at 5x5, everything else at 3 or 4 x 10. Seen really good gains so far.

Really you should do whatever YOU enjoy though. Thats the most important thing.

I do:
Mon - back
Tues - chest
Wed - legs
Thurs - shoulders
Nothing on fri or weekend due to weekend sport, I may change this now due to off season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My preference is to do a 3 day split with one day off, say

1) chest (including shoulder presses) with triceps.
2)legs,
3)back (which includes upright rows) and biceps.

I do this but lift everyday. There's still 2 days between squats for example so I seem to recover OK. Took a rest day this week and then hurt my shoulder at work the next day which stretched the rest out a bit more.

I'm training everyday mainly because I have a habit of rest days becoming rest weeks. When I get stronger and start lifting decent weight I might start with rest days again.