• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Low Bar Squat

They don't like ones that yell while lifting heavy weights that's for sure :p

I bought myself some Do Wins. Haven't noticed much with squats but they seem to help with Olympic lifts
If it's a hernia the less weight on box squats will help reduce the stress anyway. Might have to be from the pins til my box gets made though lol I don't powerlift so it's not like I'm gonna cry over not being able to squat either :p

They don't like ones that yell while lifting heavy weights that's for sure :p

I bought myself some Do Wins. Haven't noticed much with squats but they seem to help with Olympic lifts
If it's a hernia the less weight on box squats will help reduce the stress anyway. Might have to be from the pins til my box gets made though lol I don't powerlift so it's not like I'm gonna cry over not being able to squat either :p

For low box squats, get yourself a milk crate. Use the bench for high. For me (tall) they work perfectly, not sure of your height.

I'm 178cm thereabouts. I'll probably get an adjustable one that I can use with my clients. Bit easier to remember heights (pin holes vs various things piled on top lol) and it's a bit more professional :p
For the time being the chippy at work is making me 2 x 22cm high boxes for UDLs so I can use them until I feel the proper one is necessary, and going to make it's money back

Oh I would love to do udl's, can't justify the price of a kettlebell though. More plates and a prowler come first.

Those adjustable boxes would be great. Especially to teach newbies how to squat.

Girls that don't like guys who gym? Do they exist?

Pretty much every one I've ever dated.

Most girls want to have their cake and eat it too (for you not to go to the gym and look like brad pitt) but most girls I've gone out with don't care at all. My last ex is now going out with a long distance runner.

Oh I would love to do udl's, can't justify the price of a kettlebell though. More plates and a prowler come first.

Those adjustable boxes would be great. Especially to teach newbies how to squat.

Kettlebells are a waste of money. Use a dumbell or plate or two with fingers through the holes or in a pinch grip and UDL away. I can't even believe how much gets charged for lumps of metal in the shape of a kettlebell.
Christ, mix some concrete up in a bucket and stick a u shaped piece of metal in the top while it sets. Fuck hundreds of dollars for a decently heavy bell.

Pretty much every one I've ever dated.

Most girls want to have their cake and eat it too (for you not to go to the gym and look like brad pitt) but most girls I've gone out with don't care at all. My last ex is now going out with a long distance runner.
this is the fukn truth!

as to thread, i would like to experiment low bar but high bar is working ok so far. did u ever squat high bar Oli?

this is the fukn truth!

as to thread, i would like to experiment low bar but high bar is working ok so far. did u ever squat high bar Oli?

Nope. The rear delts always felt like the more comfortable place to put it.

That's pretty much the idea behind getting it. Otherwise I'm going to be spending eons trying to teach some people how to free squat

Anyway back to thread related conversation :p