• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lower back pain - how to eliminate?

This is the weirdest thing I have read. Where would the joints have gone???

If by gone you mean damaged/destroyed, how will massaging muscles fix anything??

There are no joints that run alongside your hip!!

What do you mean pressed?? And how would that fix a joint??

To the OP, well not sure why you attempted to dead lift 180kg when you knew your back was giving dramas…thats just crazy.

Go see a doctor now and see what damage you have done then go about trying to repair it.

massaging / deep tissue / cupping stimulates the nerves/tendons/joints. stretching has many benefits to this also which works simultaneously.
If it wasn't for my physio, I would be hardly walking, especially after a bad squat injury and 2 days later a car crash. Yes stretching , pressing the right trigger zones can accurately/ effectively contribute in the repair of most common sporting physical injuries.

Don't knock it till you try out! no harm in trying :)

Doctor first mate. Don't want a Physio or Chiro doing manipulations/traction if you have disc bulges or the like. Get a scan to see what's going on back there. Then the Physio/Chiro knows better what to treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What this bloke said.
We both know from personal experience about fucked backs. See a doctor, insist on an MRI, even if you have to pay for it, and go from there. Anything else is simply time wasting and guessing.

Do not lift any more weights until you have a factual answer. A scan is the only way to confirm or deny any structural damage, and it sounds like you have some.

massaging / deep tissue / cupping stimulates the nerves/tendons/joints. stretching has many benefits to this also which works simultaneously.
If it wasn't for my physio, I would be hardly walking, especially after a bad squat injury and 2 days later a car crash. Yes stretching , pressing the right trigger zones can accurately/ effectively contribute in the repair of most common sporting physical injuries.

Don't knock it till you try out! no harm in trying :)

Fair enough, however I believe if he has damaged his back none of this will fix anything, if his pain is purely muscular than your suggestions will help:)