• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lunch ideas?

Does anyone have any good ideas for cold packed lunches??

Preferably fairly low carb, I try to save most of my carbs for night

When I'm out on site I take tuna and peanut butter sandwich's. sometimes protein shakes too.

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto.

Deli meat, shredded roast chicken, salads, tuna, celery (with cream cheese or peanut butter if u want to make it a bit more interesting), cheese.. Plenty of options

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Protein bars and beef jerky but that gets expensive unless you make your own.

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto.

Roast chicken sandwiches or roast chicken salads, even chicken with veggies and just eat it cold, this is what I usually do.

My misuses makes patties out of chicken mince, feta and herbs/spices.

Delish cold. and a easy way to eat a shit load of chicken

burgers / patties, sausages, meat loaf, home made protein bars, quiche, peanut butter sandwiches, soups the list goes on just be creative.

I just buy acouple of those turkey roasts per week and have that for lunch - a roast will maybe last me 3-4 lunches. I have it with some green beans/roasted kale - easy and tastes great.

The chicken mince patties are a winner. I was at a kids party last weekend and the mum had made awesome chicken patties with Apple and through them. She seen me getting into them with the kids so presented me with a kids party bag a I left full of them lol

Think food as fuel, rather than a form of pleasure, that might help.

Ironically it even makes a couple tins of tuna pleasurable, the only draw back is that shit is sometimes literally hard to swallow, cucumber is a good accompaniment.

Think food as fuel, rather than a form of pleasure, that might help.

Ironically it even makes a couple tins of tuna pleasurable, the only draw back is that shit is sometimes literally hard to swallow, cucumber is a good accompaniment.

Why not enjoy the food and fuel yourself at the same time?

I refuse to eat shit food for the sake of it

Yeah I'm the same with Tuna. I struggle to get it down, the smell reminds me of feeding the cat.

Boiled eggs, bring some salt, tastes good. Canned tuna, tomato based flavours aren't too shabby.

I even get the pre-cooked turkey breasts (yes I eat alot of Turkey lol) - 2-3 of them in the Microwave in the morning - takes about 5-6 mins - chuck abit of sauce on them and have them with some veggies/salad/nuts (if you dat der ketoing) - tastes way better than forcing down tuna and easier...love the sweet chilli flavours though!

I buythis;

bag of baby spinach
Bulla low fat cottage cheese - onion and chives flavour
1 x tomato
1 x capcisum
1 x cucumber
4 x tins (170g) of tuna
2x INGHAMS 100g turkey braest

Now I split everything in two and have one half for lunch and the other half for lunch the next day. 9g FAT, 27g CARBS, 57g PROTEIN @ 441 cals. My goal is low carbs, restricting calories to 1800 per day so I enjoy this. Its even better when the tins of tuna (john west) are on special for $1 each, and the inghams turkey breast is on speical @ $3/pack!