• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Maintenance Calories

Thanks mate, might give this a read and see what i think, but i think the first thing i will be doing is doing and getting my bloods done just to make sure before i start this there isnt anything there which would hinder progress, plus it has has been a while since i have had bloods done anyways...

Yep I had blood tests done before starting it, all was 'normal', test was on the low side of 'normal', but still within normal, I wish it would have been higher, might get bloods done again soon as well.

Definitely worth a try, as you appear to be like me as at the end I was not losing weight even at 1800cal and 117kg training 5-6 days a week, and was feeling weak as I had no energy to train, as my body slowed metabolism to a halt and I was always hungry. Then tried Carb Nite and dropped down to 108kg eating as much as I wanted and never feeling hungry, really seems to rev up the metabolism, and in the book he claims that many people who have dieted with low cal diets have damaged metabolism, and I am pretty sure I did, He explains it all in the book, I found it interesting, explaining why certain diets will not work for some people.

Seem to be able to eat more and not gain any fat now after completing one Carb Nite cycle. He reckons take at least a months off the diet and then if you want to lose more weight go again, you can do this indefinitely. Not a fast way to lose weight, was steady at about 05-1kg per week for me, but no starving myself or counting calories, if you feel hungry just eat till no longer hungry, repeat as often as you like.

Anyway see what you think once you read the book, have never tried CBL, might do it one day in the future, personally I think I would need to train longer and harder with bigger sessions 3 time a week for max benefit instead of my short sessions 5-6 times per week.

Last edited:
Ive been on 1600 cal a day cutting weight,but I was 72kg 6 foot tall and under 10%bf and I was losing 1/4kg a week, must be something not right if you can't lose weight at your bw,

I maintain at 3200cal now at. 84kg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk